DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moes 87MM Throttle body Review.

35K views 96 replies 33 participants last post by  sunburst08 
#1 ·
I removed my Fastman 85MM-throttle body.
Installed my 87MM from Moes.
This is about a 10 minute job,if you can change a lightbulb you can do this mod.

Caution though; The tq needed to tighten the throttlebody is very low,so all you really need to do,is snug it up till it starts to tighten up,then stop.Its in inch pounds,so just be careful.

I took a couple days to review the unit,I really wanted to make sure I didnt have a code,or surging issue pop up after i posted the review.

Day 1
Inital review:
1.There is a noticeable difference between the Fastmann and Moes,which surprised me because I really liked my fastmann 85MM unit.

1.Truck has more pull right from idle,this was my biggest surprise,I was really only expecting to see a difference in the upper RPM.

2.Part throttle is improved also,you dont need to put to the floor to feel the difference,its notcieable everywhere.

3.Passing gear will put a smile on your face,truck pulls hard,but around 4000 RPM you can actually feel and hear the intake switching over to the longer intake runners.

4.No hesitation right from idle,I kind of expected to get a bit off lag with the bigger throttlebody but theres none there.

Day 2.
5.I loaded up a 91 tow tune with Superchips,since thats what I run on my truck 95% of the time,and this is where you will really notice the extra power,the advanced timing with the Superchips,and the more air coming into the motor,seems to really make the truck fun to drive and when you floor it,things get noisy fast.The sound of the intake gets a little louder,and when it starts pulling in the upper RPM it is very impressive.
No surging just really long steady pulling.

Well thats it.No codes,no surging,no excessive high idle nothing.
I am surprised by how well it works,Im even more surprised that i can feel a very noticeable difference over my 85MM Fastman unit.

I would expect any truck would notice a difference with this unit,but I would suggest pairing it with a good intake,if you truly want to see what this unit can do.
I have a good intake,and I think that is part of the reason I feel such a big difference with this unit.

I have not tried the 85MM unit Moes so i cant tell you its better or worse than Moes 87MM unit,but i can tell you its a good upgrade over my old 85MM unit.

Thanks for the great throttlebody Matt.
Sorry I wont be sending it back to you anytime soon.LOLOL.

See less See more
#80 ·
Thanks Matt for the TB. Had it installed probably before the Fed Ex guy left the area lol. I can really tell the difference with the new TB installed. Before if I was at a certain RPM, the truck wouldn't kick down when I mashed the pedel, with the TB installed, I can hit the gas and it will kick down each time.

Shipping was really quick as well. Awesome guy to work with, will be back for more goodies... BTW, do you sell the 4.10 gears for 2011's?

#82 ·
woooooo man I can't say enough about the deal Matt at Moe's gave me on my gears. 4.10s for my 12, factory out of an R/T. Brand new and directly from Mopar. His price for gears, and then the people he sent me to for the instal cost 1/3rd the price of buying them from my dealer and having them "try to instal" them their. I have the dealer quote and his receipt as proof LOL. He hooked me up for sure brotha. Why I am such a fangirl for matt :eek:

LOL Back on topic, I think I am about to place an order for ARH Longtubes and wait for it... wait for it.... 87mm throttle body :rck:

#86 ·
It's a good mod for the trucks that have plastic type intake manifold and the fly-wire TB. But if you have 6.1L Hemi intake, its metal and it would be redundant.

:)

#94 ·
Got me one tonight as a early Christmas present from Mom and Dad! Got the 87mm as I plan on installing headers hopefully early next year. Cant wait to throw it on tomorrow and see how she feels. Dad said it came quick and had no problems ordering, kudos Matt for great service. Merry Christmas y'all.

#95 ·
Just a quick heads up guys...We have decided to extend the sale on the TB's through the end of the year. I know many people were strapped for cash after buying gifts for everyone else, so we will run the $20 off sale through the 31st for anyone that wasnt able to get their orders in last night. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

#96 · (Edited)
Tried ordering an 87mm TB but I'm having trouble when your website tries to redirect me to paypal. PM me when you get a chance.

(Edit)

Nevermind, I finally got it!

#97 ·
t-bodies

hey matt, any chance of an income tax sale for these? :IDEA:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.