DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to replace my Heater Core, looking for some advice.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  locogk 
#1 ·
I have most of the trim pieces out, just need to remove the cluster, and passenger air bag. Which brings me to my question, do I need to drop the steering column, and does the passenger air bag come out with the dash or does it need to be removed first? And is there anyother advise, helpful hints someone could share?

Thanks.

#2 ·
you unhooked the battery right ? I personaly haven't done my truck yet but i did do the heater core on my old ram and a couple of others. In all cases the colum had to be droped everything unhooked and i just roled the dash down enough to get at the heater core.

#4 ·
done this many times - here is from memory
remove a-pillar covers, rocker trim covers, and center cover strip against windshield

remove fasteners under the center cover strip against windshield
remove 2x bolts each side that attach the dash sides to the door frames (these are
exposed once a-pillars & rocker trim covers are removed, also pop the triangle shaped
side covers off drive and passenger side that are exposed when the doors are opened
two bolts into the floor in the center of the vehicle (might have to pull cupholders, i forgot)
drop steering column and let it rest on front seat
unplug electrical connectors at passenger kick panel
lift dash slightly and it will rock backwards and expose the hvac box
rest should be self explanatory
pull the heater and a/c lines, a few bolts thru firewall and tear that box out!
then change that crappy design heater core with stupid o-rings that is going to leak again in a year

first time i did it i took pass air bag, every switch, radio, cluster, tons of stuff i didnt have to and practically fully assembled the dash
now i have the dash rocked backwards in less than an hour
its real easy

#5 ·
i have heard take to someone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.