DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you know when you are in drop cylinder mode on a 2013?

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  YELLOWHEMI 
#1 · (Edited)
Is a light supposed to come on when the Hemi goes into 4cyl mode? Just curious.

#6 ·
on 2009-2012 trucks there's a menu option to turn if on/off, look for an option to turn it on. i turned my ECO light off around the 3rd day of ownership. bugged the shit out of me.

#8 ·
Eco is just telling you that you are driving in an economy fashion. MDS just kicks on after ECO light is lit since MDS is driving in an economy fashion.

#14 ·
You can't turn if off completly without a tuner.

Unless you want to run around in Tow-Haul mode all of the time.

Last I checked that also keeps the truck from shifting into it's final overdrive, which is kind of pointless when trying to save fuel.

I have it off in my truck because with my generation's slight lack of lowend torque, it would keep turing on and off, and with my exhaust that got really annoying.

#18 ·
Before the dealer flashed my 09, the 'Fuel Saver' light was synch'ed directly with the operation of the MDS system ('Fuel Saver' is the predecessor of the "ECO" light found on later models.)

After the flash, the F.S. light would come on more often and for longer amounts of time, however, it was no longer directly synched with operation of the MDS system. (MDS would engage/disengage while F.S. light was on.)

In my 09, the F.S. light itself can be turned off via EVIC, but MDS, w/o a tuner, can only be disabled via 'tow mode' or manually shifting to "5" (No '6' in my truck)

I like my MDS. I have a 24 (or 22, cant remember) SI/SO Mufflex and noise is not an issue. I do a lot of city driving in F L A T areas of Houston and it stays engaged quite a bit.

NOTE: MDS stays engaged a lot more with my Michelin MS/2's that it ever did with those *#%^*^% Good-for-a-year OEM's!!! That in itself should speak volumes about the OEM tires.

#20 ·
I have had two flash updates. One way back in the first year and another a few months back. From the first flash update my Fuel saver light and MDS are the very same instant. With the Magnaflow muffler I hear it distinctly. I also can feel it. I work at keeping it in MDS. I can stay at 35/40 mph on rolling up and down roads and even maintain it on the UP part of the inclines. Unless I idle a lot or a lot of stop and go I'm always in or very near 19mpg consistently. I drove 77 miles on interstate last night in 31 degrees,light rain and pulled in my drive showing 19.6 mpg. 65 to 72 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.