DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats this?

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  LB3711 
#1 ·
Whats this? Its inside the top glove box.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My 2011 Big Horn has it too. I bet the plug is back there. Just need the light and switch. I converted mine to a LED bulb

#4 ·
If you pop the cap off there is a plug there

#5 ·
then get the part number for the light switch and then you can have the lighted glovebox

Heres mine with the LED in it

#6 ·
thats bright

#8 ·
Here are the info on what I bought from LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS

For the maplights, plate lights and upper glove box: WLED-xHP15-TAC: LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb WLED-CWHP15-TAC: Cool White | $ 6.95 |

For the dome light: 4410-x9: 9 LED Festoon bulb 4410-CW9: Cool White | $ 4.74 |

For the visor lights: 74-xHP3: Wedge Base LED bulb 74-CWHP3: Cool White | $ 3.49 |

Here are the pics.

#10 ·
Funny thing my fully loaded 2011 Sport just got the lights installed it should have been built with:)

#12 ·
With LED bulbs, heat isn't an issue. They put out very little heat and are really bright, which is one reason they last longer than incandescent bulbs. In fact they run cool enough that driving alot in snowy conditions I have to occasionally clean my taillights off, because they will not melt the snow. I had this problem on my tractor trailer as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

#15 ·
Thats pretty much the answer to the question above

Does the LED lights throw a code........CEL
No just if you use one for a turnsignal you will need a resistor because it will flash fast.

I now have LED tinted tails too with the cree reverse lights.

#13 ·
The Cree emitters I am familiar with put out a lot of heat, and are very bright. Thus, my question. They put out so much heat, that it is almost like holding a hand over a match..... Awesome flashlights, though!

#17 ·
what reverse bulds do you have?

#20 ·
#18 ·
actually alot of rams came off the line missing the upper glove box light and under hood light so just call your dealer and see if yours was one of them i know mine was and i just got the parts installed for free

#21 ·
Thats the same reverse bulbs that i have but yours look alot brighter

#23 ·
I have mine facing in. Ill try facin them out and see the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.