DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do to your Durango today??? Part III

82K views 999 replies 36 participants last post by  Dodge4L1fe 
#1 · (Edited)
#915 ·
ahh hmm.. I've beein trying to think of a way to tuck one in behind the bumper... I think I figured a way, but the fairlead roller would be just below the bumper. with the controller and lever being right behind the bumper. could be a pita to hit the freewheel lever..

#916 ·
I was trying to tuck it in too, but after looking at it for a while the radiator is too close and all my other ideas consisted of many more weak spots

#917 ·
I plugged the breather hole in my stock airbox and installed a small breather filter...it's the little things sometimes.
Hopefully I'll be able to use the gear puller I just got sometime very soon for a new pulley.

#920 ·
I have a front skid plate for that.. the issue with the front receiver is that you loose the tow hooks, any at best they're rated for 5000lbs. To winch out a D you need atleast 9000lbs rating

#921 ·
That's a great point, I'd hate to be stuck and have the front receiver fall off!!

Picked up a set of ram wheels just like D4L's....if anyone wants them I'm only gonna need them for a week or so

#924 ·
New wheels get here next Monday!!!

#926 ·
Yeah, they are off an 08 ram. Let me know if your interested.

On the other hand, if I didn't dream about the rims I'm getting since the day I got my D, I'd be keeping them! Love the way they look

#927 ·
I got a set of those coming to me very soon! I changed my headlights out with some custom ones off Amazon, got some new shocks, waiting on the Ram tires and rims I am getting from a buddy next week to change them all at once. Replaced my taillight with stocker ones since they fail for inspections and I would probably get a ticket from the law dawgs. I will post pics when I am done.

#928 ·
Awesome!! PICTURES

If anyone wants the chrome version of the ram wheels, I have a set of those for sale as well!

#929 ·
When I finish, patience!!!

#932 ·
Wow!! And I thought I drove a lot!

#934 ·
I hit 200K miles a while ago :p would be 15-17K miles more if i didn't have a bike I ride pretty much exclusive in the summer. You almost sound shocked it made it that high.

#935 ·
MileHigh,

Just for the sake of asking, for the non-chrome version what would be asking for them? And just rims, or tires too?

Oh Zip code? so I can speculate how much shipping would hurt.
Thanks

#942 ·
Hey Gold, for some reasons I can't send a PM from this app, but I had them listed for $550 over in the for sale section without the tires. I had a couple local guys interested in them with the tires for $900.

My zip is 80503 (Boulder CO), do you how bad shipping would be? If I find another set locally if be more than willing to box and ship them for you!

#937 ·
Well, apparently I upset my D- it sounds like maybe the power steering pump is going, when I rev to about 2500rpm, I get a high pitch sort of squeal from that general area of the motor up through the rpm range until it drops back down. I only have 89k miles, so it better not be anything more serious. No dummy lights, PS feels normal, nothing seems unusual...yet.

#938 ·
Check the idler pulley's, I had one making noise do a while until it shredded and took the $80 serp belt with it. I got new metal pulley's for $20ea and took all of 2 min to install.

#939 ·
Ya, both of my idlers failed.. one spilt in half and there was no pully left.. but the belt stayed seated and didn't get damaged at all.. I had a rattle that changed with RPM.

I changed the second one while waiting for fast food take out.. took 10 min as it was dark and I had to pull the intake box to get to it as it was the one below the tensioner.

#941 ·
My second one made noise, like a bad bearing for a few months... I even swapped out the alt thinking that was the cause.

#944 ·
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a personal delivery man?????

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

#945 ·
The automotive gods are laughing their rear ends off at me this week.

Monday, the wife's 4Runner was sabotaged by rodents. They ate the wiring harness on one of the knock sensors. The wife has been using the Durango because she can't drive the reserve vehicle. I drove the reserve all week (ow, ow, ow) and will probably next week too as I wait for parts to arrive. Tonight the wife informed me that the Durango didn't want to turn left - it would turn just fine, but the signals only flashed right, no matter which way the switch went. :ugh So after checking things out, I'm all set to replace the turn signal switch in the morning. After that - back to work on the 4Runner.

Oh - as for the reserve vehicle - 1999 E350 6.8L V10 powered 15 passenger van. Now you know the rest of the story...

#946 ·
Didn't actually change them today, but I did remove and replace the spark plugs on my '05 4.7 on Sunday. Stayed with the NGK V-POWER ZFR6F-11G copper ones. I had the old ones in for 50k miles and had no issues. All seemed to look pretty good. Stay with what works... I plan on changing the transmission filters and fluid this weekend. I also have a True Flow CAI on the way.

#948 ·
Heh the stock champions in my D looked like that when I pulled them at 126K miles.. I put NGK G-Power plats in.. cause I put those in Everything.. 'cept my bike.. that'l get iridiums when it's time for a plug change.

#949 ·
I do plugs and transmission fluid every 50k miles. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

pershingd - changing the fluid is very easy. It could be messier than doing the oil if you're not prepared. Take your time and bravery is not needed.

I also need to tackle the broken exhaust manifold bolt issue.

#963 ·
pershingd - changing the fluid is very easy. It could be messier than doing the oil if you're not prepared. Take your time and bravery is not needed.
I'm taking your advice and changing the transmission, transfer case, and both differentials fluids tomorrow. I bought Wix filters for the transmission before I traded my Ram off. I'm glad I hung on to them and didn't dump them cheap just to get them out of my way. :D

Bravery is not the issue. Back in February, I had the Durango stripped down to the block to replace the valve springs.

Last weekend, I finished putting my wife's 4Runner back together after stripping it down to fix a sensor harness that was nibbled on by a rodent.

I've not had the best experiences with automatic transmissions - mostly because I was doing too little too late. I always dread that moment when the pan comes down and you get to see what omens the transmission gods have left in it for you. :ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.