DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacing Holley 6280 feedback Carb

12K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  charlie1935 
#1 ·
I have recently purcahsed a 87 D150 4x4. I has a Holley 2bbl Carb with an electrical connector hooked to it. The wires go into the side of the carb itself. It also has the idle selenoid. Can I replace this carb with the Holley 2280 and just leave the wires that are for the 6280 unplugged or will I have any problems. I dont have to worry about any emmisions etc. Or is there some other things that would have to be done to run a 2280 in place of the 6280.
thanks in advance

#2 ·
Unless there is something I'm not aware of, you should be ok to replace the carb. my 87 is a 2WD and I don't have any electrical connections to my 2 bbl carb. and i'm still (at the moment) running the factory computer. I have removed the air pump, it's true dual exhaust with no O2 sensor, and the cats were M.I.A. when i bought the truck - runs great.

#3 ·
opps. I went out and looked at my truck - i do have an electrical connection to the carb. didn't have time - but before you replace - you might unplug the harness that goes to the carb and see if it causes a problem.

I'm planning on ditching the computer soon - so I'm pretty sure this is just a sensor that the computer uses to monitor, so i'd say unplug it and see what happens. if you ditched your computer already, then it should be no problems.

#4 ·
I think that wire controls the air-fuel ratio to some degree. On my 87 if I'm not mistaken the O2 sensor is in the driver side ex. manifold. I'll look after while.

#5 ·
I UNPLUGGED IT YESTURDAY AND DROVE IT HOME 12 MILES DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE. THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR HAS I THINK 5 TERMINAL IN IT. PLUGS UP ON PASSENGER SIDE AND THEN RUNS TO DRIVER SIDE OF CARB. BUT REALLY DIDNT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE. I THINK I HAVE A FLOAT STICKING IN MY CARB AND CAUSING IT TO FLOOD AFTER I CUT IT OFF, EVEN HAS GAS RUNNING INTO THE VACUM CANISTER IN A 3/8 HOSE THAT COME OFF SIDE OF THE CARB WHILE SITTING. i WAS JUST WONDERING OF THERE IS THE SAME VACUM HOOK UP ON THESE CARBS. I WAS TOLD THEY ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL MIXTURE(ELECTRICAL) DEAL.
THANKS

#6 ·
I believe thats right on the electrical hook up. I noticed on some carb rebuilders site that they list one with the elect. and one with out it for 1987.
:gr_patrio

#8 ·
Well, I looked and there is no O2 sensor on the D 100, its on my 87 5th ave.
Also no electrics on the carb on the D 100. Just a solenoid with a 2 wire plug going to it.
:gr_patrio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.