DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

74 Charger

6K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  old tired rebel 
#1 ·
Any one here restore a 71-74 Charger?

#2 ·
I have not, sorry... this forum has been real quiet lately... You might post a question or two to see if anyone bites....

Sully

#9 ·
Driver side Trunk

Frame rails feel solid after hitting them all over with hammers and screwdriver

driver side fire wall

driver side rear floor

Driver side door frame the hole is bigger than it looks

This is all the rust I have found so far. I am still accumulating parts

#14 ·
No sorry. Fairly new to the using the computer for auto related things. I started this internet car thing about the same time I sold the car, bout 3 years ago, so I have no pics. If it helps, I used thin cardboard, posterboard?, I think thats what its called, to make templates for the areas I needed to repair. I made the repair panels 3/8 bigger to give myself an area for the wholes I planned to weld shut. I had already purchase a medium priced pneumatic flanger/hole punch tool from a local auto parts store. This was the easiest way to get uniform holes about 3/16-1/4 round. I spaced them apart 6 inches or so, used a body hammer to tap the edges smooth after welding. I then used brushable seam sealer top and botton and went over both sides with Por15 after the sealer had set up.

#16 ·
By the way, really like your Cordoba. Had a 76 Charger, same basic body, for about 10 years. Had a smogger 400 in it, so I built a semi-stout cast crank 440 out of a motorhome for it, 2500 stall converter, 3.55 gearsand a posi. Big old tank did mid 13s with 9 inch slicks.
Thanks for the tips. Thank you for the compliment on the Cordoba. I am working on getting a 440 to drop in it soon.

#15 ·
By the way, really like your Cordoba. Had a 76 Charger, same basic body, for about 10 years. Had a smogger 400 in it, so I built a semi-stout cast crank 440 out of a motorhome for it, 2500 stall converter, 3.55 gearsand a posi. Big old tank did mid 13s with 9 inch slicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.