DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPMS -- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Mpd224 
#1 ·
So the 09s have the TPMS sensors on the rims & i have swapped wheels with another ram owner on here. Only problem is, the older rams don't have this system. Anyone know how to turn it off?? lol

#2 ·
does anyone not know anything about this? i know there are a few 09's out there that have already installed aftermarket rims. help him out guys! shit!

#3 ·
Can you take the TPMS out of the factory rims and install on the old ones?

#8 ·
Doh...haven't been on for a couple days. Disregard my PM LaidNeon. Those are what I paid about $30 a wheel for to make the dinging and light go away. The owner's maunual says it'll damage the computer if you run it without the sensors in the wheels. Don't know enough to know this isn't true. I was told you cannot turn the system off and that the sensors ARE different for the 09's. (saw some good deals on e-bay for other Chrysler sensors and was looking to save a little $.)

#13 ·
What im trying to ask is; if I install new sensors, is there a procedure I need to follow so that the system can pick up the signal?? Or will its just leanrn it on its own?? That's what I ment by saying calibrate

#14 ·
LaidNeon....I was just being sarcastic. I read (I think on another thread) someone comment that they are hard to calibrate. DISCLAIMER: I am in no way an expert in this area and would be happy if proven wrong by someone more knowledgable in this area.

I have an 06 SRT8 Charger. That system monitors the pressure and displays all four tire pressures in the display. The Ram's system doesn't give you a current numerical pressure reading, I believe it'll just be the warning your getting now if pressure drops to a critical point.

The way I understand you don't have to calibrate them, especially if your getting the ones out of your old tires. I got the extra set of four (for the 09 Ram) for my winter wheels and tires and have had no warning lamps or audible alerts since the install.

#15 ·
haha nah bro its cool, i know i sometime have an F'ed up way of explaining stuff to where i'm the only one that understands what i'm talking about. wasn't sure if it was one of those situations here haha. i saw that on another thread as well but i can't find it now.

#19 ·
the only time where they need to be reprogrammed is if you are replacing sensors. it has to be done with the starscan tool, and they are not interchangeable for some years. but i have seen them on aftermarket wheels depending on wheel type.

#20 ·
glad I don't have that crap on my truck. the ones I have seen with it are so damn sensitive they go off all the time

#21 ·
So I have a question about this. I plan on getting new 20's and storing my factory 20's away for winter use only. Without tearing apart the factory wheels that I want to keep intact, is there any way I get new sensors for my aftermarket wheels? And will the computer recognize both sensors when I switch wheels out or am I going to have to take the sensors out of the factory wheels? Thanks

#22 ·
Mpd224.......you'll have to contact your dealer (or Mopar dealer) and purchase 4 new sensors for the 09 Ram (previous years won't work.) Have them ready for install when they mount your new summer tires. I did the same thing (winter/summer) with my wheels. They should be in the $30 to $35 range per wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.