DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EVIC is not working

15K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bubba_Hemi 
#1 ·
EVIC went blank today. :bawl:
everything else appears to be functioning fine, just a blank EVIC.
The back light appears to be on, no info being displayed.
Can anybody provide any insight?

slightly depressed.....I've only made one payment and 4,500 miles.
WAY to early to have issues like this.

mike

#2 ·
I think the only option here is to take it to the dealer. Or try to reset the PCM and see it that helps.........but I doubt it.

#3 ·
When I first got my truck bumped the 'back' button and the EVIC went out. Took me a whole day to figure out what I did wrong. In your case it sounds like a malfunction, not 'driver error' :D

#4 ·
Yes, more than likely you hit a button that makes the evic go blank. It happened to me and I got lucky that I figured it out.

#5 ·
There is an RRT that they did for my truck, something about the EVIC going blank. Mine did it once, then came back on. Then one day I had it in and they said they were going to quickly flash it for some EVIC issues. Mine has beed 100% since.

Take it in and have them check for updates, that should fix it!

#6 ·
Have you done or made any changes to the truck? If the EVIC is missing any input from a monitored system, it may not work. Dealer fix for sure though!

this is from the chrysler manual.

ELECTRONIC VEHICLE INFORMATION CENTER
The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) data is obtained from several components on the Controller Area Network (CAN) Data Bus circuit. The EVIC will not function properly if the bus messages from any of these components is not received. If no EVIC data is displayed, check the CAN Data Bus circuit communications, the Instrument Cluster functions and the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM).

The use of a scan tool and the proper diagnostic procedures information are recommended for further testing of the EVIC and the CAN Data Bus circuit. Refer to the appropriate wiring information for complete circuit schematic or connector pin-out information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.