Votes: 372 58.8%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 189 29.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemi Ram Performance Bolt-On's

19K views 47 replies 37 participants last post by  duso02 
#1 ·
What is out there for Hemi performance bolt-ons now? I know of a few CAI's (360, Volant, etc) and a few cat-back exhaust systems. I think someone said that the 82023 ZEX N02 kit works with Hemi's Drive by Wire system, someone over on another site was putting it on. Kenne Bell S/C hopefully soon. If you know of anything else let me know. Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks Ram Rod, thats exactly what I was looking for. It'll be interesting how those cams from Hughes will be. Hughes makes awesome vintage cams.

#5 ·
i thought there was a hypertech programmer available. or maybe its goign to be available this spring i thought

#6 ·
I voted for the cai,chip,and the headers. Of course I would love to have a supercharger,but that is another 5-8 years from now. The reason I didnt vote for the exhaust system is that I am just gonna get LT headers and get a electric cutout. It will be cheaper and for sure no hp loss.

#7 ·
I voted for all, because I'd have all put on there now if I could

I have CAI, cat back (kinda lol) now, and want headers/programmer

#10 ·
The way its going you might as well add 05,06 and 07 are waiting as well as us 04 owners. It seems like the wait keeps getting longer.

#11 ·
Hey fellaz, I am looking for an intake on my 4.7 L V8 Ram...which do you prefer...Volant Cold Air intake or K&N? I prefer the plastic intake, not the polished metal because of the heating factor of the metal intakes..

#13 ·
smith525 said:
Any feelings on jet chips? I see they have a chip available for the 04's?
Don't do it. Wait for someone else to come out with a programmer for us 04's.

PikNik

#14 ·
04_on_22s said:
Hey fellaz, I am looking for an intake on my 4.7 L V8 Ram...which do you prefer...Volant Cold Air intake or K&N? I prefer the plastic intake, not the polished metal because of the heating factor of the metal intakes..
I have the AIR RAM and love it. And its insulated unlike the others. www.airram.com

#15 ·
I got long tube headers, CIA, Superchips, and exhaust. I love all my mods they are great by far the best was the headers, second had to be the Superchips better shifting and 135 mph!! Very sweet!!! Oh yeah and a NOS 100 shot 10lb bottle with some sick billet mounts..

Superchargers are not gonna happen. STS turbo has a system that is coming out after Nov. 2nd ! It looks to be promising, might be the best bet for those of us that have the cash to burn and want the extra HP!!! :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

#16 ·
UPDATE: Kenne Bell will not offer a supercharger kit for the '03 Hemi. In our opinion, the '03 ECM prohibits the use of any supercharger kit - at least to Kenne Bell standards. We are, however, working hard on the '04 Hemi trucks. :mad: If we are successful, then we will look at the Magnum, Durango and the 300.
taken from kennebell.net so us 03 guys are S.O.L. but i do have the CAI, TB spacer, adn superchips and im happy for now :rck:

#17 ·
you guys want a supercharger for the 03 hemi, go to street performance.com, i talked to them the other day and they have a full blower kit for it. Also come january they will be selling the actual pcms, but with whatever custom programming that you may want.

#18 ·
DINO ONE said:
I got long tube headers, CIA, Superchips, and exhaust. I love all my mods they are great by far the best was the headers, second had to be the Superchips better shifting and 135 mph!! Very sweet!!! Oh yeah and a NOS 100 shot 10lb bottle with some sick billet mounts..

Superchargers are not gonna happen. STS turbo has a system that is coming out after Nov. 2nd ! It looks to be promising, might be the best bet for those of us that have the cash to burn and want the extra HP!!! :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:
yeah, i saw that STS turbo to. looks reliable. did you see the video clib of that chevy in the tunnel? vroooooooooooooooooom

#19 ·
GS Motorsports has a soon to be released supercharger for the Hemi. It's not on their site yet but it's coming!! :D

#21 ·
Have you ever read the quote on Dodge's website that says the Hemi makes up to 345hp?

That torque management is a pile of crap - I'm sure it only makes that power under certain conditions. (like when you have a 9000lb trailer and you're driving into the wind).

I've heard of guys having trouble dynoing the thing because it doesn't know how to act on the rollers...thanks for the 7x70 powertrain warranty, but after it's expired, can we get all of our power back???

Ryan

#24 ·
supercharged_hp said:
Thanks Ram Rod, thats exactly what I was looking for. It'll be interesting how those cams from Hughes will be. Hughes makes awesome vintage cams.
I'd be kind of concerned going with a cam or S/C
on my Hemi knowing that their is a problem with
valve spring breakage on the 5.7. Just my two
copper pieces worth of advice.

#25 ·
DINO ONE said:
Can you put some pics of your installed parts in your gallery? Sounds like you've got a hell of a setup.

#26 ·
moparflyer said:
Have you ever read the quote on Dodge's website that says the Hemi makes up to 345hp?

That torque management is a pile of crap - I'm sure it only makes that power under certain conditions. (like when you have a 9000lb trailer and you're driving into the wind).

I've heard of guys having trouble dynoing the thing because it doesn't know how to act on the rollers...thanks for the 7x70 powertrain warranty, but after it's expired, can we get all of our power back???

Ryan
the Torque management is bullshit. Hopefully superchips or someone will hurry and come out with a custom programmable chip that gets rid of any unwanted issues such as that...until then :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.