DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1st Gen Rams - Post Your Pics

293K views 500 replies 184 participants last post by  Outdoorguy2468 
#1 ·
i couldnt find any pic threads of 1st gen rams so thought i would start one. ( I didnt look very hard)

My dads 89 1500 318 4x4 pic doesnt do justice

See less See more
#29 · (Edited)
Last one! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

#32 ·
TBI would be throttle body injection, similar to a carb but its electronically controlled. 5.9 well your right it would be the older 360, and well the 727 is one of the strongest transmission ever built

#33 ·
Dart that is a sharp looking 92. I wish mine looked that good right now. I still have some work to do to mine before anyone sees it.

#34 ·
I'm new to this site. Here is my '91 after the lift.

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
Thanks man.
I'm running 38x15.50s on 15x10 w/4" backspacing. With the Bushwacker Cut-outs theres is no rubbing except slightly when fully stuffed and turning, which isn't very often. Not much flex with those springs.

#39 ·
I just saw the pics in sport truck the other day. Well at least in the online version. Nice I like what you have done with it. I had to post a pic of the int for you Cam. You know Cam us southern vollie firefighters have got to stick together. I look forward to your truck beating mine at a show soon.

#44 ·
I bought a dodge universal airride kit from chassis tech, which nothing fit of course so me and my dad modified all the brackets to make it work. I believe the kit came with one 5 gallon air tank, one DC5000 compressor, four 2,500-pound bags, 10 switch controller box,four air solenoids, and air lines might have came with a couple more things, but thats all we used out of the kit. It also has a four link, 3 inch C-notch, I added another 8 gallon air tank and DC5000 compressor, Doetsch Slammer shocks. Up front we just modified the upper A-arms and added the air bags and shocks. That basically covers it.

Attachments

#43 ·
Sweet rigs guys!

#45 ·
Nice truck custom88dodge!

#46 ·
Cam I like the darker blue than the light blue it had before. You have put a lot of man hours in that truck & it really shows too. I commend someone as young as you actually taking a truck like that and turning the wrench yourself. Most people your age want to have it all done by someone else and want a rice burner at that. Plus going to school that has got to be hard to juggle. Firefighting,school,plus put in wrench time. I did it going to paramedic school, firefighting plus atleast 60 hrs a week in at my body shop job. I must say us fellow firefighters are damn proud of you.

#48 ·
my 1990 w150. just bought it about 2 months ago. i plan to get it painted in a few months and get it fixed up.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#50 ·
My first truck, 1984 D150, /6, A727, 3.25:1, 2WD. Sold it, like the idiot I am.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

My second truck, 1991 D250 ext Cab, 360, 4 Spd, 4:10:1 changed to 3.54:1, 2WD. Got a good offer so I sold it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

My third truck, 1993 Power Ram 250 Diesel. Rough shape but it was cheap.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

My fourth truck, 1992 D150, Magnum 318, A518, 3.51:1 2WD. Also cheap, should be driving before the diesel is ready...I need a truck!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

#52 ·
Roadhogg I love all the trucks you have pictured. I am looking to pick up a few more first gens. My wife wants a 3500 diesel, my oldest wants a Dodge 4X4 any year.

#53 ·
They're great trucks. Tough, reliable and pretty easy to work on. As you can see, my truck budget is pretty small so I have to buy a truck that is "experienced" and then put a few hours into bringing it up to spec. They've all treated me well. I'm working on the 92 now, I hope to have it ready in the next 30 days.

#56 ·
If you just want a 1 -1 1/2" lift and cheap, you can do an add-a-leaf. The ride will be rougher than stock though. Or you could just do a 2" lift all the way around for not much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.