DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3/4 ton axles on 1/2 ton?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  DPW 
#1 ·
Hey gents. I haven't been on here in a little while. And my shift knobs have been delayed due to a crane falling on my truck.... Almost got my truck like new again. So I tuned my carb and I get about 6mpg now instead of 3.... Which is amazing. I have found set of 4x4 axles with 4.11 diffs. The only thing, is they are 3/4 ton axles from the same year truck. I have a half ton. I have a few questions. 1: will they bolt onto my truck? 2: will I lose offroad capability with the hd springs?(i am getting a new suspension sometime soon though) 3: will I lose acceleration due to more weight with the thicker axles? 4: the guy wants 500 bucks for them. He takes them off, they come with springs, brakes, everything I need to just bolt it on I guess. Are the two axles worth 500? Finally, it's not a question, but I realize I have 5 bolt wheels, and the axles are 8. But I can take my current wheels and set them up in the mill and machine a new bhc. So that isn't an issue. I just have to make sure my wheels will fit over the brakes... Opinions and facts are much appreciated!

#2 ·
They should bolt right up. The only thing you may lose is some ground clearance. Axle upgrade is always a great idea especially if you wheel the truck with larger than 35's

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

#4 ·
What year truck are they coming from? And yes due to the larger diff

#6 ·
Should be a Dana 44 or equivalent to

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.