DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark Plugs for 2010 Hemi

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Stoney78 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has done there 30k change yet, Im creeping close and my next oil change I'll probably go ahead and do them a little early. My question is which plugs are oe? I've read some on this and alot of people say champions and copper... then a few people later will say NGKs and copper (which i dont think matters as long as there copper). Then i read a few threads that some guys said they were platinum plugs. I just want to stick with whatever is stock. Also is it true the best way to get to the plugs under the break booster is through the fender well?

#2 ·
I'm going to lean toward Platinum plugs, like the ones in the new police interecptor RAM...... Also check for Autolite fitments, they make good plugs.

With Platinum in there, we won't have to do it as often - The Police Interceptor specs 100,000 miles.

#3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. Been busy with the holiday jazz... Any way I talked to one of the guys at the dealership and he said that we need to change them every 30k to prevent the plugs from seizing up in the aluminum heads... and not to use the anything but the copper due to possible warrenty issues. Anyone else know of anything?

#4 ·
Are you gonna change them yourself or let the dealer do it? I've heard that the dealer charges your right leg to do the work.

#5 ·
I just did mine on wednesday. They are copper with a nickel tip I believe. NGK R plugs straight from the dealer 6 bucks a piece. Cost me 108 dollars for the 16 of them. Changing them wasn't bad till you get to the two at the very rear on each side. What a PITA. Took me two and a half hours but saved probably 200 bucks in the process.

#6 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna change them my self. So they were Copper NGK plugs from the factory... 6 bucks from the dealer is not bad at all. Thanks guys for all your info

#7 ·
I put in Autolite Platinums. Runs better than new, no more rough idle that it had since new and better mileage. With the rebate currently running through Rock Auto I payed not quite $3/plug if I remember correctly.

#8 ·
If you get some good anti sieze compound, and apply it to ONLY the threaded portion of the plug, and torque them to specs, you will NEVER have a problem with them sieizing in the heads. 100,000 miles, ten years, should not be an issue. I use Bowman Anti Seize, really good stuff, but it aint cheap. I plan to use Autolite Platinum when I have to swap em out.

So far, the can I have is over 20 years old, and I have LOTS left, and I use it a lot.

With aluminum heads, it is ALWAYS best to change them when the engine is stone cold.

#9 ·
Well sounds good guys, thanks for all the great info. If it smooths out the idle im wiling to give the platinums at shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.