DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'12 Ram with brake problem! stupid lol

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  my ss got a ls 
#1 ·
So this past weekend I installed my Belltech 963SP kit which only took about 7 hours (Thanks to stupid ass rear top shock bolts)...and set out to bleed the brakes. I spent $32 on 4 quarts of fluid and never got the thing right. I bled and bled and bled. Finally I had enough and took the truck (with no brakes) to local tire place (only 1 mile down the road). Within 20 minutes they found the problem...Some crackhead factory worker installed two left side brake calipers on the front!! WHHAAAAT!!??? Yeah! The right side brake caliper has the bleed port on the bottom with part number matching left side. Are you serious!!! Is that not some bull*****!!

So, I called my dealer and told them, they replied...we never seen that before. Great!! I have the ram lemon from hell built on a Sunday. Awesome. So, quick phone call to road side assistance and my truck was towed away to the dealership.

So...After all that time and money I wasted, turns out I was screwed from the get go with a bad brake caliper. Thank you crackhead factory worker for your glorious work on my truck LOL.

#2 ·
Thats the first time ive heard of that. Hopefully the dealer fixes it and gets it back to u soon. Sounds like the same crackhead factory worker as u called it, that put the motor together for my brothers caliber that left a random bolt in the top end, which caused the motor to blow.

#3 ·
damn that's crazy

#4 ·
why were you bleeding the brakes in the first place? i cant imagine how they ever got it to bleed right from the factory in that case. I work on these trucks daily and i have never seen that on any model from the factory. only when other people have done work to them
strange, hope your dealer gets it fixed for you

#5 ·
I guess you missed the very first sentence on my OP...I installed a lowering kit. In order for me to have the clearance I needed to get the spring out I had to disconnect the brake line for slack.

Yeah, just spoke to my dealer, apparently my truck is a super star at the dealership. Service Manager Chris took pictures to send up to Chrysler. How they originally bled this is a mystery to me. But yeah, everyone is shocked!

#9 ·
what? why? not necessary. at all

#10 ·
I guess everyone has their approach to mechanical work...mine was to take the tie rod nut off and the upper control arm nut off. Lower the lower control arm using the jack. Brake assemble and all still attached. With my friend holding the brake up for line slack, i push on the lower arm to get the spring out. Then I used zip ties to hold the brake/rotor up while i get the new spring in.

All in all I'm very glad I found thi snow and not later. Hell by the time I needed brakes the truck "could" have been out of warranty then I'd have to replace it myself. But, nonetheless, the truck is fixed now and riding. I have to say I'm very impressed at how well the truck rides this low. It did lower a bit more than I was thinking but still rides pretty damn good surprisingly!

#11 ·
tyler.. i understand it had to be disconnected from the knuckle, however the brake line never needed to be removed therefor no air would ever enter the brake system and bleeding the brakes would have been pointless.
tanky im glad its fixed man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.