DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What can cause my headlights to Flicker? 08 Ram

20K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ricer2231 
#1 ·
My headlights flicker at night (duh) and its very annoying, i have a viper 5901 and thats the only thing that i would think interferes with the headlights but i could be wrong. Would the multi-function switch be at fault? When i try to put on the high-beams they will pop up but go back to regular while on high-beam, any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 ·
And they flicker at the same time by the way!

#3 ·
Possible blown fuse? Check all your fuses as I've seen in other vehicles have flickering lights and it was cause by a blown fuse

#4 ·
i will check it out bro, i doubt its a fuse but i did ask for suggestions so im going to check!

#5 ·
you are using halogens correct? only time I have seen flickering lights on these trucks was from poor HID installs

#7 ·
Pardon my ignorance, but if by halogens you mean the ones that came with our dodges then yes, i am a halogen user and abuser.

#6 ·
#8 ·
When I first got my truck, 2006 1500 QC SLT 4x4, I had a similar problem. My headlights didn't really flicker just when I would ty to switch from low beam to high beam they would switch to high beam and then right back to low beam, just would not stay on high beam. Came to find out the multi-function switch was bad. Replaced the switch and everything has been fine since.

#9 ·
That's what I'm aiming for also, did you change it yourself? Is it time consuming? Looks easy but god knows I'm not the handiest dude around

#10 ·
I would agree that it sounds like cheap HID headlights.. I would first check your headlamp relay, which is located under the hood in the fuse panel. I would try switching the relay with another one of your similar relays (perhaps a windshield wiper relay if it is the same) If that doesn't fix it I would check out the multi-function switch

-Ty

#11 ·
No, I took mine to the dealership and had it changed. You have to pull the steering wheel and I just didn't have the confidence to do that with the airbag and all. I think the switch was like $80.00 and like $90.00 to have it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.