DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reseting Anti-theft computer

33K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dodge4L1fe 
#1 ·
Hi

Both of my factory transponder keys are not working. When I entered my locked car (2004 durango) the alarm went off. Usually I start the car and it kills the alarm. Today the alarm kept going. When I started the car it cut out after 4 seconds. I tried starting again, and now the car will not start. I guess the system is now locking me out.

My questions are:
Can a locksmith fix this. New keys, over ride the computer/anti-theft?
Is there a way I can reset the system? Unhooking the battery?

I did call a locksmith tonight and he claimed on the phone that he could fix, but others told me only the dealer could fix.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Check the fuse panel in the driver side footwell. I had a similar issue about a year ago. I found moisture in the fuse panel.

#3 ·
Fuse panel looks fine. I just need a way to get my car running again and override this computer lock ...hopefully without having to get a tow to the dealer and spending a huge amount of money on reprogramming just because my key didnt work .

Thanks

#6 ·
you have to get a soldering (SP) Iron and re solder(SP) them together. Sorry to the miss-spelling i'm on serious pain killers

#7 ·
Fixed it on my own (kind of). I disconnected the negative battery cable and the reconnected it and the computer cleared. I tried to start the car and the battery was dead from too many alarms going off. Jump started the car and all is fine. The only bad thing is that my anti-theft is not working, but that is fine with me right now. Going to probably get an after market system anyway.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.