DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

debadging and plasti dipping!

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  The_Bishop 
#1 ·
Hey guys I want to debadge the side on my truck and then I wanted to plasti dip the front and tailgate ram logo. U guys got any advice on plasti dipping the badges on front and rear? Also wheres should i get plasti dip? Home depot?

#5 ·
I taped front and rear. Make sure u go around with razor blade and cut it in the crease. 1st time I didn't and went to take off tape and took dip off with it. Just go around logo in crease where it meets paint. I used exacto knife. For the badged I used goo b gone and fishing string. Adhesive stuck on so I use lacquer thinner. Came right off. No the paint didn't come off too lol. When I was done I wash and waxed and used clay bar.

#8 ·
plastidipping the front and rear ram badges is very easy. i popped the front badge off the grill. taped off about an inch around the other badges. i did 4 or 5 coats, waiting about 15mins between coats. it's pretty forgiving. alot easier than regular spray paint. you dont even have to "cut" around the badges. just pull it and it stays on the badge. you have to be a little more careful on the 4x4 badge, but still pretty easy. a toothpick and tweezers will help around the numbers/letters.

#9 ·
for all that have done the debadging did the paint look normal under where the badges were stuck? it wasnt brighter or mismatched at all?

#10 ·
since you have a new truck, the color of the paint should be fine. just remove the adhesive, and wax that area back up

#11 ·
I just debagged the giant "RAM 1500" from across my doors. It was easy. Put the side of the truck you wish to work on in the sun for a half hour, use nylon fishing line (it will break often) to slowly saw off the letters, then use the 3M Eraser wheel on a low speed drill to clean off sticky stuff.

The paint looked perfect underneath. A quick wax and it was done.

#12 ·
Goo Gone is perfectly fine to use to get any residue off....just be sure you clean it again and wax that area afterward.

#13 ·
For those of you that have debadged after removing the adhesive and washing and applying a wax to the area you removed the emblem from when the paint gets wet from rain etc can u still see an outline on the paint where the emblem used to be

#15 ·
I used GOO GONE for the words.. works perfectly. Tons of use of your thumbs to remove it.

A friend used a pin stripe remover to take his off.

#16 ·
I used heat gun and then 3m earaser wheel used a fine cuter/ then polish to get rid of the shadow from my eblems on the paint

#18 ·
Just did the same to my '13. Giant RAM 1500 now removed from the doors. Used dental floss to saw the letters off, then carefully peeled the adhesive off. The tiny bit of residue left came right off with a little lacquer thinner. Looks much, much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.