DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do to your Durango today??? Part III

82K views 999 replies 36 participants last post by  Dodge4L1fe 
#1 · (Edited)
#955 ·
Put in new OEM stabilizer end link bushings, had the ones recommended HERE but have been hearing some clunking while driving over minor road bumps. Back to OEM rubber ones seams to have taken care of it. After that she got a good hand wash using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax.

#956 ·
Put some 2010 brand new never been used Ram 20's satin, replaced head lights with custom blackened, replaced taillights OEM, repainted the running boards and bumper plastic gloss black. Today I will pull off the rims and repaint my brake calipers red and if I have time replace my shocks or I will keep them to do tomorrow. I will post pics when I am done, til then, hurry up and wait.

#957 ·
Changed the idler pulley to find out it is the power steering pump, I noticed a bit of play on the shaft when I had the belt loose....oh well, power steering pump is next on the list.

#959 · (Edited)
I guess I'm do for an update.

Got the D all back together over the weekend, new trans with 34k but stayed with the old transfer case. Turns out the computer is not happy with the 2wd version. Also extended the trans breather while I could and re-routed some power cables to clean it up a little.

-Sent from a random iPhone I found in a tree

#961 ·
I have been contemplating painting them body color.....not sure yet though

Also got my switch panel finished!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#966 ·
After a busy afternoon, I've got most of my pre-winter maintenance done.

The lube in the rear diff has been changed out. It didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I believe that it may have been changed before I got it. It was dark but not black and didn't stink like gear lube past its prime. The transfer case was way overdue for a changing - the ATF in it was black as could be.

The transmission has me confused. The fluid didn't look that terrible when I drained it. It was dark, but nowhere near being burnt. The pan had very little buildup in the pan and the magnet was fairly clean. I was beginning to think that it had been changed too until I pulled the spin on filter off. It was a OEM unit that was date stamped 09/04. :ugh Perhaps the PO used one of those flush system thingies without ever bothering to change the filters. No problem - Wix filters now installed and its shifting fine.

Now I just have make sure there's no leaks. I ran out of daylight just as I was finishing... All that's left is to drain and refill the front diff.

#973 ·
My D has over 130k miles, My drive train has less than 40k lol

#976 ·
Got a lot of work done the last couple days...

Changed oil
Cleaned air filter
Changed crankcase breather filter
Drained and refilled transfer case
Drained and cleaned then refilled front and rear axles

Still have to do the transmission service but I have to order the filters first.

#977 ·
#979 ·
working on that one over break, hoping to end up with something like this, maybe a little more tube work to clean it up.

#982 ·
Yeah, I've eaten a few of those and the SS Blazer also.

#983 ·
Before:

After:

Edit: upon further review, need to clean and paint the lower cross member there by the headlights...

Sent from a random iPhone i found lying around the forum

#985 ·
It's always bothered me but now I look at the wheels every time and it is just an eye sore. Had to be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#986 ·
That's a nice looking Durango you got there sir

#987 ·
Thanks you sir!

painted the tailgate just around the light black today, looks quite nice actually. Used Plasti-dip just in case but im thinking of possibly removing it and then using real auto paint with a clear coat, to get he gloss look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.