DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad vibration while slowing down

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  slammed1 
#1 ·
Ok I need some help! I have a 05 2500 CTD has a six inch susp lift with 37 inch toyo's. I have not had a problem for 32000 miles until last night. I had just pulled off the highway and began to slow down when my truck began to shake and vibrate. It came on all of a sudden. It does it at lower speeds. Nothing seems to happen when excellerating just when slowing down. Doesn't matter if your in gear(6sp) or in neutral. I don't feel it in the steering wheel just the body. I thought it was in the front end but I took it to the place that put on the lift etc and they thought it was in the rear. After 4 hours they couldn't figure it out, checked all the specs and they were good. They suggested I should take it to the dealer. Which I did, I have an appt for thurs3/15. Anyone have any ideas what it would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#5 ·
do you have blocks in the rear for lift??

reason I ask is that 3" or larger blocks can contribute to axle wrap,which can happen slowing down,causing the leafs to start to wrap up.......causing a truck to vibrate.

just a thought

warped rear rotors can also be a culprit.........them not figuring it out is not a good sign.....for them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.