DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4:10 gears

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Woodstock 
#1 ·
plannin on doing a gear swap sometime in the future, but not sure if i should go with 3:90s or 4:10s. i know a lot of people say 4:10s, but thinking it may be a bit high considering i do take road trips with it.

for the ones running 4:10s and 33" tires, what rpm are you runnin at 75mph on the highway?

#2 ·
i have 3:92s and have run many size tires. i'd rather have 4:10s

#4 ·
so far the tire list consists of 245, 265, 285s and the truck isnt phased by them. its just all in the mileage. engine handles it pretty good. i have always just felt the need for more gear. my rpms arent all that high. actually cause of the 46re OD rpm seem too low most the time. perhaps i will know more after the viper level 2 trans make over.
from what i understand, a stick trans needs less gear and autos need alittle more

#5 ·
I guess my setup will be a bit different from most once the hemi is in. Ive seen a lot of hemi guys running 4.56's but I think that seems a little steep for me. Maybe ill just try the 4.10's when the time comes.

#6 ·
I run a lot of highway miles and 4.10's with 31 inch tires seemed perfect for me. I got better gas mileage after the swap from 3.55's. I now have 33 inch tires and now wish I had gone with 4.56's.

#8 · (Edited)
perhaps i could answer. 33" tire - 3:92 gear - 65 m/hr - 1800 rpm. i might hit 2k rpm at 75 m/hr
if i was going to run 33s all the time 4:10s are ok- but 4:56 would be the way to go. since this truck got camed, it acts like a sprint car and i think i'm going to down size to 265s next.
does that help any?
how bout you woodstock?

#10 ·
You guys are night owls. you nailed it spun360.

#11 ·
Zach571, I bookmarked that site - thanks. Really close to actual RPM's (2300rpms @ 75mph)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.