DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsb 24-004-03

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  04 sit'n 24's 
#1 ·
Hello,
I was wondering if any has had the TSB 24-004-03 performed on their truck. It is for the defrost door being inoperative. The procedure for doing this requires the removal of the dash and just about everything else to remove the heater housing. I guess I'm concerned about the dealer putting it all back together without a bunch of rattles. Plus, the recharging of the A/C and refilling the cooling system.

#2 ·
Yep....been there and done that......4 different times. Just got it back today. That TSB came out 2 weeks after the 3rd time it broke. This time the dealer put in the lower heater box and it works better now than it ever has. No sqeaks or rattles after all this. Will it last? I dang sure hope so....

Bill
Lewisville, NC

#5 ·
jrboatin said:
when you talk it in, what are you saying to get this tsb done?
I want mine checked, I sometimes have to turn selector knob several times to get
the heat to go where I want. is this is ?
The TSB refers to the defroster blend door breaking. The door will break, and you will be unable to get airflow from the floor vents. If yours is having difficulty switching between modes, it will break sooner or later. You can wait until that happens, or start complaining about your problem now....the fix will probably be the same.

Bill
Lewisville, NC

#6 ·
Here are the symtoms taken from the TSB. So, if yours is doing this, then you need to print out a copy of the tsb and take it to the dealer.
Also, Racer!_NC, it's nice to hear that yours is working great and that you don't have any rattles. And, were they able to fix it in one day?

Symptom/Condition:

The defrost door may break at the pivot shaft causing inadequate travel. The system may not completely close causing a lack of air discharge out the floor vents and full discharge from the defrost outlet. This may be caused by a broken actuator stop on the heater A/C (HVAC) housing.

#8 ·
With this problem, am I to assume that when you set the knob to floor only you get only a portion of the air blowing through and the air comes out the defrost as well?
How much air comes out of the floor vents when it does work correct? My feet have been a little nippy lately.
Thanks

Pitcru

#10 ·
Has anyone seen this problem with an 03? When I select floor for heat all I get is defrost, no heat to the floor. If I select vent and floor I get heat out of the vent only. With the blower set to high I will get some heat out of the floor vents, but less than 5% of what is comming out of the defrost or dash vents.

7 deg. out this morning and when I got to work my face was 125deg. and my feet 10 deg.

I called my dealer today and the service department ask for my VIN #. after checking they found no TSB's for my truck. They also stated that if they Recalibrated the system that it would fix this problem.

#11 ·
mark s said:
Has anyone seen this problem with an 03? When I select floor for heat all I get is defrost, no heat to the floor. If I select vent and floor I get heat out of the vent only. With the blower set to high I will get some heat out of the floor vents, but less than 5% of what is comming out of the defrost or dash vents.

7 deg. out this morning and when I got to work my face was 125deg. and my feet 10 deg.

I called my dealer today and the service department ask for my VIN #. after checking they found no TSB's for my truck. They also stated that if they Recalibrated the system that it would fix this problem.
Been through this twice with my 03. Took them 2 days to do it last time, full day the time before. First time (pre TSB) all went smooth, this last time (post TSB) they did more work but it took care of it. It didn't blow warm air for the first 20 minutes and rattled a bit but that all went away.

The problem really sucks, especially in winter. They said no TSBs on my truck either, but they found this one eventually (two trips later) and all is well.

#12 ·
My dealer is now telling me that this is going to be an out of warranty repair. My truck is a 1 1/2 years old with 52000 miles. They also cannot tell me how much the repair will cost.

Isn’t it funny how the automobile manufactures could have a known 100% failure rate on something and don’t have to do a recall, because it is not related to safety. Not that my problem is a 100% failure, but you would think that the dealer would try to get the manufacture to help cover part of the repair with a known problem like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.