DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

locked out by keyless system

13K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  StandOnCliff 
#1 · (Edited)
I hit the panic button and the alarm went off for 3 minutes or so and locked me out. I took out the manual key from the fob in the keyless system and the door would not unlock. The lights were flashing as hazard lights for about 10 minutes and finally stopped flashing. But it has been 30 minutes and I still cannot unlock my doors either by clicking the "unlock" button on the keyless remote system or manually by using the metal key. This is very frustrating!

#3 ·
I thought so too, but my husband tried with his set of keys and it didn't work either. It is very unlikely that both our fob batteries would die at the exact same time when they worked this morning. Plus, it doesn't explain why neither one of our manual emergency keys (taken out of the fob) doesn't unlock the door. It turns in the key latch, but nothing happens.

#5 · (Edited)
Using the Panic Alarm
To turn the Panic Alarm feature ON or OFF, press and hold the PANIC button on the transmitter for at least one second and release. When the Panic Alarm is on, the headlights and park lights will flash, the horn will pulse on and off, and the interior lights will turn on.

The Panic Alarm will stay on for three minutes unless you turn it off by either pressing the PANIC button a second time or drive the vehicle at a speed of 15mph (24 km/h) or greater.

The key turning the cylinder, but not unlocking the door, should definately be brought to the dealers attention. This is the emergency way to get in the vehicle and disarm the alarm once the key is put in the ignition, if the remote keyless entry fails or the battery goes dead.
Maybe once it gets out of panic mode it'll work, but this makes no sense. If I'm in the need to hit the panic button because of a threat, the last thing I need is a vehicle that won't let me in, unless I turn off the panic.

Heres a site with problems, not quite like yours, but it does involve the keyless entry not working correctly. They had problems when hitting the unlock on the fob, it set off the alarm. There were wiring problems found.

Remote Issues

#7 ·
What was the verdict?

#8 ·
We had the road side assistance tow our vehicle to the dealership (we're still on warranty so this service was free), and left the two fob keys with the dealership. It was an electrical problem (security stwitch that had a malfunction) so the security system had completely shut down the vehicle to protect against theft. [To quote exactly from the service work order: Cause: multiple DTC's in TIPM, 1 flash for TIPM, reviewed flash, TSB 08-xxx-xx, vehicle last VTA is for right rear door, and both DTC's U0010 and U0001 present, proceeded with TIPM flash as per TSB 08-xxx-xx. Correction: Flashed TIPM from xxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxxxx. (*Note that xxx = numbers, and I prefer not to share exact numbers on a website). No further faults found]
This is why the manual key did not allow us to open the door either. To be honest, this part still frightens me because should this happen again in an emergency situation, we would indeed be locked out of our vehicle. They had to reprogram our fobs to our vehice. We are still on warranty, so there was no charge for the work they did. Works fine now, but please beware that this may happen.

#9 ·
TSB- Technical Service Bulletins are meant for the public to know. If they don't know, how are they supposed to know that it needs to go in to the dealer for an update. This is what a flash is, updating the software in the computer for known problems, glitches. Same thing as doing a Windows update on your computer or updating you anti-virus. Noone would be happy with their anti-virus provider if they got a virus that wiped out their computerm to find later there was an update to it, but they didn't share it with the public.
Give me the year of this Journey and I'll retrieve this information.
Had I known your year, I could of came up with this TSB.

Glad to hear it's going again and didn't cost you anything to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.