DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Difference between SLT vs SLT Plus?

36K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jpcamaro70 
#1 ·
Does anybody know the difference between and standard Durango SLT and an SLT Plus?

#2 ·
Basically the slt+ includes additional options...its like a limited model, all the bells and whistles.
A couple of things that come to mind....side steps w/fender flares are included on the outside as opposed to slt only having the fender flares standard. Inside, Infinity stereo standard w/radio controls on steering wheel, heated power seats, both pass and driver. Overhead storage, w/homelink and multi-function display.

#3 ·
I guess I have the SLT Plus. I noticed that not everyone has the FT4X4. Is that a special order?

I just bought the D 2-1/2 weeks ago. So far I love it. First thing, I put 2" T/S w/32's. Looks and rides great...

#4 ·
...also heated mirrors, leather seats and chrome grille shell. Yeah, the FT is extra, I wish I had it, makes braking a whole lot better and no wheelspin

#5 ·
FT was optional and not part of a package. I ordered my 99 with FT. SLT Plus standard items varied with different years. How does FT make braking any better?

#8 ·
#6 ·
Well I happen to find my 2001 Durango Brochure. It states that the SLT Plus Decor Group consists of; Overhead Convenience Group, Vehicle Security System, Tire, Wheel and Wheelflare Group, premium door trim panels with woodgrain accents, woodgrain instrument panel cluster bezel, floor console with woodgrain accents and illuminated heated seat switches, power leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats including power adjuster and lumbar features, body-colored running boards, power heated 5X7 mirrors with automatic dimming on driver's side, AM/FM stereo radio with combination cassette/CD player, graphic equalizer and 8 Infinity speakers in 8 locations, 6 audio controls on leather-wrapped steering wheel and automatic dimming day/night rearview mirror. Optional on SLT.
2001 there were only 2 models, the Sport and SLT.
The SLT+ and R/T were package Groups that could only be added to a SLT model only.

#7 ·
yep...my SLT+ has all that.
i got rid of the running boards...not good for off roading.

sorry to get off topic here...
but anyone local want to buy my running boards?
i've had them sitting in the garage for years.

#9 ·
FT/AWD allows slip between F/R in driving. Braking would be no different.

#10 ·
The SLT/+ included different options for different years, mainly, standard leather, upgraded sound, tire/wheel package, alarm. FT does not make the car stop any better. Four wheel antilock will help but not FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.