DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad motor mount=Vibration

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MoparSteve 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up a vibration in my 87.While tinkering on the engine I took 5 steps,turned back and low and behold the motor was leaning to the passenger side.Upon further inspection I found that I have a broken motor mount.Does anyone make "better" mounts like say,Energy Suspension for our trucks? edit I did a search after I posted and found poly mounts sorry

#4 ·
It's easy, it goes at the end of the trans, 3 or 5 bolts, can't remember. Take the weight off the trans w/ a jack (use a piece of board under the pan if it's an auto), take the big through bolt out, jack it up as far as you can, remove the bolts holding it to the trans. Replace in reverse order.

#6 ·
i had both motor mounts and transmission mount replaced in March.i checked around before i bought mine.the motor mounts were about $10.00 each(advance,autozone etc).i got them at rock auto for $3.00 each and with shipping it still was cheaper.i cant remember the price of the trans mount

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply.I was wondering how hard the actual job was. I called a local shop, and they quoted about 200 bucks. I assumed I'd have lift the engine , so I'd have to build an A-frame lift of some sort(out of wood in my case) Just trying to deciide if its worth doing it myself or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.