DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

remove vent window glass from swivel / frame

11K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  roadram360 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If I recall correctly, I just took the screw out of the part that the glass pivots on, where it attaches to the glass and then just pulled them out of the channel...didn't take a lot of force.
There's a good chance that there is something that holds them in the channel, but the mechanism had long since worn out on mine, if it did indeed exist.

#3 ·
Yup, loosen the screw and rotate the window on the screw (with the window open) and it'll slide right out.

#4 ·
I'll try that again,, but on the first one that I got at the pick apart,, I tried to get the vent glass free, to just buy the glass and not the complete frame,

took the screws out,, put a little thumb pressure on it, did not budge, tried to wedge a thin screwdriver in,, it busted in a million pieces....

#7 ·
Yeah there is some sort of glue in there, most trucks down here it has been killed by the sun and the glass pops out easily. You might try using a piece of piano wire (what they use to cut windshields out with) carefully around it and free it up. Or just break it and scrape out the leftovers :D

#8 ·
Heat gun. Heat the channel to loosen the adhesive tape. Then hold the vent glass/channel assembly in such a manner that the frame is against a workbench top. Rap the glass out of the frame with a rubber hammer, firmly.
The problems I had was keeping the glass in the frame after switching it out. I would recommend just taking the vent glass out at the swivel, leaving it in the channel, then installing the whole thing in one piece.

#9 ·
i'd keep it in the channel if it's not pitted. the latch separates with the removal of the little pin in the arm. easy to lose

#10 ·
thanks for the replies,, but the vent window glass seperated from the bottom channel and swivel clamp easily. I had tried one of these at a pull a part just for practice that one must have been glued together,, and I shattered the glass.

I went back to the pull apart and that truck was a D-350 and the vent window bottom chanel and pivot were shapped different fom my 83 D-150,,
I had thought that the D series vent windows were all the same..

#11 ·
early vents had a channel and a front latch. mid years had a rear latch and a channel. later vents had a rear latch and no channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.