DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

radio keyless entry problems

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  boricua65x 
#1 ·
Hi, my first post here. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Laramie with the Hemi engine. My problem is that the radio quit, won't come on at all. At the same time the keyless entry and the interior cab lights don't come on until I put the key into the ignition and turn the accessory power on or start the truck. The power door lock on the drivers side door doesn't work either until you turn the ignition on. Once the accessory is turned on or truck is started the keyless entry works fine but still no radio. Seems it's the constant live feed isn't getting to the needed systems. Power seats still work without key in ignition. Would this be a security problem? Ignition switch problem? Checked all fuses, all the grounds I could see...unplugged and plugged in all kinds of plugs, no go. Any Ideas?

thanks

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Laramie with the Hemi engine
ac, power seats, power heated mirrors.

#2 ·
Welcome to Dodgetalk. Dodge didn't put a Hemi in any trucks until 2008. So not sure why you think you have a Hemi.

JUST KIDDING.

Do this, take your drivers door panel off. Seach on here on how to do that. It's a very easy task. 4 philips and a 10mm bolt. Pull up on the door panel.

Remove the main harness off the door lock/window buttons. Clean all terminals and reconnect the connection making sure it makes good contact and CLICKS into place.

Then try again..

#6 ·
Well I finally broke down and brought it to a dealership.$158.00 later it works. Seems there was a faulty wire between the PDC and DLC/radio.lights RKE etc. Says here they traced back and found green part of wire, cut out green section and wired in a new piece and it then worked. Thanks for the replies I received..

#8 ·
Interior lights work with the key off? Does your radio work?

I blew a fuse.. think it's 58 or 59... it's a mini fuse in a black clip all the way to the fender side of the fuse box in my 05, and it messed up all kinds of junk.

#9 ·
Imo the wires will go before the fuses on the dash wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.