DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New shocks?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  08HEMI1500 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So I'm pretty sure I need new shocks sometime soon because my truck bounces up and down a lot when going over bumps. I was wondering 1. What shocks are good for an 08 2WD with a 6" lift and 2. Where is a good place to get them cheap? Like a buy 3 get one free or just a place that has good deals and does rebates. I'm not looking for the best brand of shocks but obviously I don't want a crappy cheap set. I'm willing to shell out for em as long as it's within reason. Thanks and Happy Veteran's Day to all you vets on here!

#2 ·
the sponsor (i think) on here aj-usa has good shock prices. so does shock warehouse dot com. just from what I see on here mostly I'd find the correct part number for 5100 series shocks and go that route

#6 ·
Yea I've found shocks for my height truck but they're all for 4x4s. But I am not sure of the lengths but they are the shocks that come with the FabTech 6" 2WD lift kit. They are white, pretty much generic looking monotubes

#7 ·
sounds like your best bet is going to be to get the compressed and extended lengths of the setup you currently have and then go with say the universal fit 5100 series (i think they are the 5125) for those specific measurements.

#8 ·
Well AJUSA is the only site I've found that has lengths and the 4600 Bilstein might be what I'm looking for. I'll have to go out and measure sometime this weekend. I'm guessing I have to take a shock off the front and rear and measure?

#12 ·
Checked & mine don't...no wonder it rides crappy...lol

#15 ·
the 4x4s run struts. the 2wds run shocks with coil springs up front

#18 ·
be stuck with a 2WD at least once haha
I bet you get stuck more than once with a 2wd. Even with 4wd if your not getting stuck your not wheeling hard enough. Then again who buys a 2wd and lifts it anyway?

#19 ·
I got my Bilsteins from AJ-USA for a great price. They were the cheapest I found doing my search.

#20 ·
I've been stuck many times with my 4WD. hehe I have been lucky to go through a few 4x4s. I think if I had a 2WD, it would be a street truck for speed..

#21 ·
I meant stuck as in stuck with owning one lol. Man you guys are ruthless. But it's my business if I want to lift a 2WD. Obviously plenty of companies make lifts for 2WDs so there is clearly a demand. Take the hate somewhere else man (06trxhemi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.