DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMS vs Dynatrac hub kits Which one?

17K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  byrdawg13 
#1 ·
Hello, I am getting ready to put a free spin hub kit on my 05 2500 4wd. I was thinking of going with the EMS as it is much more affordable than the Dynatrac. I was wondering if anyone had any coments about which was better. Has anyone had any trouble with the EMS kit? Anyone have any pictures of what they look like on the truck.
Thanks for the help.
Yellott Canby
2005 2500 CTD 4wd

#3 ·
dynatrack stubby kit otherwise those badboys will stick way out.

#6 ·
STL HEMI said:
I don't think the stub hub kit is out yet. Thought that was only for the Jeep's.
they showed it a sema for the dodges saying that it should be out by now, but I dont know if they have released it yet or not.

As for the other question, yes the stub kit is short something like 2" shorter.

#7 ·
#8 ·
rjm022 said:
i have the dyna trac kit and i love them. don't forget to check out solid axles kit.
the stub hub kit by dyna trac has been listed in their catalog since last june- they have been saying for months it is coming out- but never does.

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=17
rjm022,
:help:
I was just about to post a thread asking about the Dynatrac Free Spin kit when I stumbled onto this thread. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

1. How much was the kit?
2. Was it worth it?
3. Did you notice a MPG increase?
4. Did you install it yourself or did you take it to a shop?
5. If you did install the kit yourself, was it difficult?

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I am seriously considering this kit for my Mega Cab. I like the Dynatrac kit due to their good reputation, but to be honest I was not aware that other companies made a kit for the Dodges. Thanks again. :rck:

#9 ·
dyna-trac has a set price- will cost you the same-no matter what retailer you buy from- kit cost 1895.00
yes- it was worth it. no more drag on the front end (front axle not turning all the time) steering is better. picked up 1.5-2 mpg. less maintenance and cheaper maintenace. if a wheel bearing goes out now- it costs me 20.00 and about an hour of my time- instead replacing wheel hub assemblies at 250.00 a pop. me and a buddy installed the kit. i would guess about eight hours do to the job- reason i say that-i replaced my whole entire front end at the same time. ball joints, axle u-joints, steering shaft, sway bar end links, tie rods, sway bar bushings, trac bar, dss steering stabilizer brace, steering stabilizer, front shocks and front brakes.
some guys argue the kit is not worth the money-personal preference, i guess. you can get the fords with locking hubs from the factory and there is no reason that dodge should not offer it- it is just easier and cheaper for them to throw on hub assemblies on the assembly line. if you have any mechanical ability, the kit is not hard to install- just tedious- dyna trac has very good instructions!!

#11 ·
#13 ·
sorry the pic is not an close up shot- they do stick out, though-but not past the rim or tire. alot more pics, from other members over on the tdr site. ( do a search)

#14 ·
Do they work with stock wheels ?

#15 ·
yes- they work with the stock wheels

#22 ·
Jeff K said:
The EMS kit does not require any fitment to make it work...it just bolts right up...at least mine did.
Are you happy with the EMS kit? How long have you had it and how is it holding up? Any increase in gas mileage? I only ask that because every kit manufacturer notes that it will boost MPG's. Thanks.

#23 ·
The Fitment issues have varied from truck to truck most have been plan pain in the A$$ during install. As for Gas mileage I don't really know on the EMS kit but I've added 2-3 mpg on my truck with the Dynatrac. I did however add several other mods (Smarty JR and FASS pump)at the time so I cant say how much of an increase was just from the Dynatrac kit. The biggest thing for me was getting rid of the vibration in the front end.

#26 ·
rjm022 said:
dyna-trac has a set price- will cost you the same-no matter what retailer you buy from- kit cost 1895.00
yes- it was worth it. no more drag on the front end (front axle not turning all the time) steering is better. picked up 1.5-2 mpg. less maintenance and cheaper maintenace. if a wheel bearing goes out now- it costs me 20.00 and about an hour of my time- instead replacing wheel hub assemblies at 250.00 a pop. me and a buddy installed the kit. i would guess about eight hours do to the job- reason i say that-i replaced my whole entire front end at the same time. ball joints, axle u-joints, steering shaft, sway bar end links, tie rods, sway bar bushings, trac bar, dss steering stabilizer brace, steering stabilizer, front shocks and front brakes.
some guys argue the kit is not worth the money-personal preference, i guess. you can get the fords with locking hubs from the factory and there is no reason that dodge should not offer it- it is just easier and cheaper for them to throw on hub assemblies on the assembly line. if you have any mechanical ability, the kit is not hard to install- just tedious- dyna trac has very good instructions!!
What was needed that is "out of the ordinary" for most home garages - Is a press required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.