DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Job

6K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  JonRoc 
#1 ·
Thanks to a member on another forum I was able to clean up my front end of my truck. Was given a grille an lower valence, really think it made the truck look much better. Anyway heres a few pics

Pic 1 is before
Pic 2 is after

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. I wouldnt have added the lower valance, because personnaly i just dont like it on a lowerd truck, but Still looks good. You goin to do anyhing with grill or leave it stock?

#3 ·
Well in the first pic was my failed attempt at shaving an color matching the grill. I plan to leave the front mostly the way it is now maybe some headlights in the future. Next few mods will be go fast related. May go 4/6 too.

#4 ·
Looks good, what size tires are those? I wish mine were a little taller so I'd have a little less fender gap.

#6 ·
I checked & mine are 265/70/17 as well. How much does the leaf spring clamps lower? 1/2 inch?

#8 ·
I forgot to ask, any major diff in ride quality? Mine rides crappy anyways.

#9 ·
It's a little more stiff in the back. I usually take them off after the track just been lazy. I remember you having a thread about that with belltech shocks which is what I have, it's a lil stiff but compared to my old truck which was lowered too(ford ranger) my ram rides pretty nice IMO.

#10 ·
Yeah the Belltech Street Perf shocks I got are crap...paid like $60 ea all corners & I'm pretty unhappy with the ride.

The clamps can't cost too much, I might try them out, where did you get yours at?

#21 ·
You have a fog light burnt out ;)

#12 ·
Nice, squealing there. If I could get me a 2nd ride with the hemi, car or truck...taking it to the track would be fun. Maybe get a rc hemi 4th gen in a few years.

#15 · (Edited)
The color matched grille looked like shit in person. an I bought my truck with the valence already being ripped off. If I was lifted or stock height I wouldn't of cared but I hated seeing the suspension when looking at the front of her. I'm happy the wy it looks now. Just some headlights an ill be done with the front, maybe a sport hood.. Just need some 06+ 20s an a little lower an ill be done with the outside. Oh yea an a color matched upper bumper pad lol

#16 ·
I'm one of those guys thats just not a fan of chrome in general.. I get why you did the swap though.. A chrome grill is better than a painted one that doesn't match or just "looks like shit" as you put it.. I do like the addition of the spoiler.. Helps finish the look, I know people have a varied oppinion on them though.

Nice run at the track too!

#20 · (Edited)
Of all colors that I think that chrome looks best on is white & silver. If I had a white/silver car/truck I'd consider a couple chrome accents like billet/mesh grilles & wheels.

I may have to pm you some with a few questions if I ever get the spring clamps.

#22 ·
Here's 2 stock pics of my leafs in front of the rear tire & then 2 pics of them from behind the rear tire. I'm guessing theres really nowhere to clamp them that I would gain any drop?

Would I gain anything by clamping them to the end of the fat bottom overload leaf, bringing that leaf closer to the others? I'm guessing if so, maybe a 1/2" at best?

Attachments

#24 ·
Clamp it on the end that's in front of the tire, like in the first 2 pics? I've heard anywhere from it doesn't make it ride much worse to it makes it ride horrible, so we'll see...lol

I just have 1 pair of 2, so I'd have 1 clamp on each leaf pack, no need to have 2 on each leaf pack is there?

This may be a really dumb question but, can I put the clamps on as it sits on the ground or do i have to jack it up or anything?

#26 ·
Clamp it on the end that's in front of the tire, like in the first 2 pics? I've heard anywhere from it doesn't make it ride much worse to it makes it ride horrible, so we'll see...lol

I just have 1 pair of 2, so I'd have 1 clamp on each leaf pack, no need to have 2 on each leaf pack is there?

This may be a really dumb question but, can I put the clamps on as it sits on the ground or do i have to jack it up or anything?
1)Yes, in front of the rear tire. Made mine ride noticably stiffer.
2)Nope, just one pair on the front of the overloads.
3)No jacks necessary.

this is how mine is this is clammped from the front side of the overload, an Wyat72 thanks I had no idea ;)
Fix that shit yet? Get a pair of Silverstars and re-aim your ****ing headlights! They blinded me the whole time you followed me.

#28 ·
Thanks for help yall (I'm from Tennesseeee..lol). That pic helps out a lot too. I was imagining it had to be clamped very close to the edge of the overload (like an inch or so from the edge). Also without that pic I would have probably clamped it upside down. That's amazing that makes a 1/2" diff.

ST8, you did it mainly just for traction/wheel hop issues right? TylerB is that about where yours are at too? I wonder if moving them closer to the edge would drop it even a little more?

I'll take before & after measurements as well. Wish I could put them on right now but its dark & got no garage. You think it would take a few miles or awhile for the leafs/clamps to settle in & get that 1/2" or so drop. Or should it be that full 1/2" as soon as I put them on?

#36 · (Edited)
TylerB is that about where yours are at too? I wonder if moving them closer to the edge would drop it even a little more?
I ran mine about two inches from the end of the overload without problems. I think mine was closer to 1/2"-3/4", but I had mine installed on the rear. Mario's truck seems like it gets a dramatic drop increase, with them being on the front, even that far back on the overload..
take fat overload off?
Removing the overload on a truck with a flip kit isn't gonna do anything except make it sag more when there's shit in the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.