DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

unalble to turn off the security alarm

96K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ugg 
#1 · (Edited)
unalble to disarm the security alarm

I just had a problem with the security system on my 99 durango SLT. The car alarm suddenly turned on when I open the door and I just couldn't turn it off. The bad thing is I didn't have the remote so I had no idea how to disarm the security system. I have disconnected the battery, but durango still holding alarm state so I couldn't start the engine.
Is there anyway to turn off the alarm without the remote? I have been driving my durango without the remote(didn't come with) , but never had a problem until today.
The strange thing is When I closed and locked the door completely, all the locks became unlocked after about 20 minutes later. This happened twice today, and I was sure there was nobody tried to do something bad to my car.
Is this because there is something wrong with the computer? or Do I just need to buy a remote?
My durango is still in the parking lot of Target! Need a little help!

#2 ·
From my FSM,

DISARMING
Passive disarming of the VTSS occurs when the
vehicle is unlocked using the key to unlock either
front door or the liftgate and, if the vehicle is
equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer
System (SKIS), by turning the ignition switch to the
On position using a valid SKIS key. Active disarming
of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by
depressing the “Unlock” button of the RKE transmitter.
Once the alarm has been activated either disarming
method will also deactivate the alarm.
Depressing the “Panic” button on the RKE transmitter
will not disarm the VTSS.

#4 ·
#5 ·
quantum:

Yeah, what Rock said, they may be able to talk ya thru steps. If ya need parts, they have OEM, for decent rates. Also, get build sheet. Ya get it from dealer thru your VIN#. Good Luck on your quest.

Later
Ugg :cool:

#6 ·
Your 99 wont have the SKIM key Or Sentry key. Alot of times what happens is the key on the driver side because of excessive use the switch goes bad that turns off the alarm. Try the passenger door or the liftgate. If that fails you can always disarm the system manually by tapping the disarm wire. Let me know if the other 2 dont work and i will walk you thru tapping the disarm wire. it is fairly simple.

#7 ·
Did you read what I posted? "....
disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is​
unlocked using the key to unlock either front door or the liftgate and, if the vehicle is equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS), by turning the ignition switch to the On position using a valid SKIS key... "
a regular key's handle is 1/4" thick, the SKIS key is 5/16".

#8 ·
quantum:

I have to agree with Phil (Bleu) too. He did say the same thing 1st. I overlooked it myself. SHEESH BLEU, WHATTCHA WANT BRO? IT'S F'N SUNDAY MORNIN! I'M SORRY I OVERLOOKED YOUR POST! :eek: Hell, I feel like I'm hungover. It must have been from all that work I did yesterday. I'm not used to that stuff anymore. :eek:

Later

#10 ·
Sorry, Ugg if I blew your day, I was responding to the thread starter, not you.

#11 ·
Bleu:

Naw, it was the quacks that blew my day, as a matter of fact, they blew this whole F'n year. Now I'm in a hurry to get a life back. If stairs have been an enemy, what they hell was I doin goin up & down a ladder? I'm still not takin my morphine (oxycontin) yet. Just some some from the stash bag, to take the edge off. I'll get it together soon. ;)

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.