DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBK Shorty Headers - Update

21K views 147 replies 33 participants last post by  Big Boi 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on these. I just spoke to my rep at BBK, and they currently have a 4th gen hemi truck in the shop for R&D. They are scheduled to begin working on the new flanges late this week, or early next week. They told me they would call me personally when these are ready to go, so cross your fingers that they get it done quickly. I know many of you are tired of waiting on JBA, so this is going to be a great alternative for the guys that dont want to spend $1500 on the ARH longtubes or wait 1-2 months for a set of JBA's.

#2 ·
If my JBA's haven't shipped by the time these are ready, I'll definitely be ordering...

#3 ·
My JBA's arrived in a week after ordering and that's to Canada, just saying

#5 ·
Yours were a rare exception. Most everyone that has ordered in the last 2 months has had to wait no less than 3 weeks. I saw a member say that he got his from Summit in a week, but Summit's price is very high compared to everyone else on them.

This was not intended to be another BBK vs. JBA thread though. I just wanted to inform everyone that there will be another option available soon.

#4 ·
Who did you order them from?

#6 ·
I ordered from autoanything, that was before the sudden big demand for them, supply and demand is causing the issue for late delivery's I bet but that is unacceptable for the multiple delays IMO.

Glad to hear BBK is getting them done right and hopefully have a set for 4X4 as well, I was about to order a set of BBK myself until I found out they weren't gonna work for my ram? Great job in helping other ram owners HEMI450HP definitely need more header options to choose from

#8 ·
Good to hear.... I will buy a set if you get them before my jba's are shipped.

#12 ·
Thanks for the update

#13 ·
Thanks for the update, I almost went to AA and order but I will hold off a little while longer to see if they will do better or the same.

#14 ·
Awesome, thanks for the update, hopefully I can get me a set when they release :rck:....sure hope they get some made for us 4x4 guys

#15 ·
Matt, thank you for checking on this. It's nice to see real, good customer service come back.

#17 ·
This was posted by Big Boi in another thread...

Originally Posted by ken murphy - VP of BBK - kmurphy@bbkperformance.com
"We have come up with a solution for enlarging the port enough to accomodate the early and late model heads without any negative results to either. We did testing and are now tooling the end forming equipment to be able to run them in production. At this point it looks like another 2 weeks before we can weld production qtys of this new design. Sorry its taken so long but with volume production every step seems to take more time than you'd expect."

#19 ·
Matt,

See if they can send you a pic of the ports when they are ready. I'm kind of skiddish about them just opening up the round flanges like previously posted. That sounds like the cheap way out for them and possibly a PIA for us.

Thanks

#20 ·
Will do. I think this only applies to the units that they had in stock at the time though. It would be pointless for them to continue making them the way they were and having to go back and machine them again afterwards...that's alot of wasted time. I'm sure they are going to have them cut correctly from the start once they get everything lined up.

#21 ·
#22 ·
I have in the past, but Bob told me they were a horrible company to deal with from a vendors perspective. This may have changed now though, so it might be worth giving them a call. Bob didnt give me details about why he didnt like them, but the guys running their headers seem to be happy with them.

#23 ·
Thanks ... it's on the list but down a ways.

#24 ·
Ken Murphy - VP of BBK, will be emailing me pics as soon as they are available. Hes thinking two weeks, tops.

#25 ·
#26 ·
Where have I heard two weeks before? ;)

#28 ·
does anyone know how much these are going to sell for?

#30 ·
:worthy: Hey Matt,

You should talk them into a deal for us bringing the port issue to them and for us being so patient while they were trying to correct it. :D

After all this is now 3 years that they have been selling mis-matched header ports.

Just my 2 cents

#31 ·
I know many of you are tired of waiting on JBA, so this is going to be a great alternative for the guys that dont want to spend $1500 on the ARH longtubes or wait 1-2 months for a set of JBA's."

JBA has over 100 sets on the shelf for 09-2012 Rams with the "NEW" D-Port so there are NO back orders as of today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.