DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Something weird in tranny pan

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mag Transport 
#1 ·
This is a 2 parter...
I am doing a filter change (and then some) on my 98.5 3500. Got the pan off and noticed a piece of metal that seems to be magnetic... the washer is in the pan and is whole. This piece is about 3 inches long, skinny, and has a curved shape. Any clues?

I picked up several items to replace... speed sensor, gov. press sensor, and overdrive solenoid (aka transmission control sensor). I am not sure where to look for the overdrive solenoid or how to replace it, I haven't found any literature or posts. I just got this truck and am not too familiar with it yet but working on it... Thanks for any help!
Gene

#4 ·
"... the washer is in the pan and is whole. " - Doesn't sound like magnet. Can you post a pic of it? i wouldn't put the pan back on until you know what it is.

#5 ·
Pics will tell us exactly what it is. But off the top of my head the only pieces that are kind of long are the apply lever. Unless you completely shattered another piece. But if you did either of those, you'd pretty much lose all gears. Same for the valve body pieces.

GET A PICTURE!

#10 · (Edited)
Take a look at these pictures. It can be put back by pulling the valve body and loosening the adjuster on the left side of the trans. The adjuster is a nut with a adjuster bolt. You will need a T25 torx I think it is to remove the filter and a inch lb torque wrench.

The other side of the band has a wedge make sure you put its there.

The band adjuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.