DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CANBUS Speeds?

10K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SRT2Sport 
#1 ·
I tried searching but came up empty handed. I hope this is the appropriate area for this Post too. In the past I remember seeing a list of vehicles and their associated CANBUS Speeds. Does anyone have that info? I am wondering if the 430/RBZ Unit out of my Wifes 2013 Grand Cherokee will work in my 2012 Ram with 130S/RES. I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section or if I missed a Thread somewhere. Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't think so. Unless jeep switched to a high speed canbus for 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Hmmm. I was afraid of that. I have read conflicting Posts about Post 2011 Jeeps being High Speed though.

I was under the impression that all Chrysler vehicles switched to the high speed can bus in 2009, 2010 at the latest.

The main problem you may encounter is that the radio's are now associated with the vin number of the vehicle, so switching the RBZ radio from 2013 to 2012 model year or another vehicle may not work.
I understand that it may not be plug and play. I wouldnt mind if the Dealership had to unlock it. The VIN being programmed doesnt deem the radio useless in another vehicle, does it?

#3 ·
I was under the impression that all Chrysler vehicles switched to the high speed can bus in 2009, 2010 at the latest.

The main problem you may encounter is that the radio's are now associated with the vin number of the vehicle, so switching the RBZ radio from 2013 to 2012 model year or another vehicle may not work.

#5 ·
You do pose an interesting question.

As i said, I thought Chrysler went all high speed can bus. Now I find Jeep still using low speed into 2012. I will venture a guess that the 2013 is still a low speed can bus.

Check your Jeep owners manual it is possible it may list can bus speed somewhere under the radios. You may also check with your dealers parts dept, they may be able to find out for you.

If it is low speed it will not work in the Ram.

#7 ·
I have found that the 2011+ Grand Cherokee does indeed use a high speed bus much like the Ram. It does appear that the Grand Cherokee and Ram use different part numbers for the RBZ Radio though. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try the swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.