DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just joined the club.... again

8K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  Shots 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here I go again, back to square one. I just did the unthinkable, and traded in my '07 with only about 1 year to go on the loan.
I bought a '12 Outdoorsman. I couldn't beat the price. I went and checked out the truck because the current 0% incentives on the '12 was just calling my name. Heck, who says no to free money right? So I test drove the '12 and it was nice, but I wasn't blown away by it. After all, my '07 was loaded with options, so this truck didn't have a whole lot I didn't already have before. It does have Nav, heated seats, and remote start, which I didn't have, but most of the options are the same. So I told the salesman "it's nice, and I like it, but I'm not wowed by it". He said he thought it was a nice truck. I said I did too, but it didn't blow me away. He asked if I could be wowed by price. I said sure, wow me.
So long story short, we spent too much time yesterday trying to get a good price, and we ended up leaving just short of closing the deal. My wife said they'd call back and I told her that I didn't expect them to because they wouldn't offer enough to get where I wanted. Well today they called back (dang how is she always right about these things). Supposedly the owner wanted to see my truck, because the salesman claims to have been raving about it. So I figured why not, I'll kill another hour or two. About 45 minutes later we had a deal.
I got $18,000 for my '07 so now my payment is much cheaper than it was before. I figure if I keep making the same payments, I'll have the new truck paid off in less than 3 years. Not to bad for a brand new $39K truck.

Anyway, here's one of the sales photos they had online. I haven't taken any pics yet, but I have tons of pics from all my other cars/trucks, so no doubt I'll have some soon.

Now the question is, do I buy another BedRug? This has a spray in liner already in it, but I sure liked my BedRug. I guess I've got to sell that cap I just bought too (I didn't include it with the trade). Ha ha.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats and welcome to the 4G club. I don't regret getting my '07 at all even though I have to start the mod process again.

#5 ·
Great looking truck, I would love to have a 4th gen., but mine is almost paid off with a lifetime warranty. Plus wife has her eye on a 13 Charger or 300. So I'm ok with that :) congrats on the ride.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

#15 ·
Great looking truck, I would love to have a 4th gen., but mine is almost paid off with a lifetime warranty. Plus wife has her eye on a 13 Charger or 300. So I'm ok with that :) congrats on the ride.
Ha ha, yeah I understand that. I had right around a year left (I think 13-14 months), but no lifetime warranty. And we just bought my wife a '12 Charger in August. Now that car wowed me. I swear that thing has/does everything under the sun. I highly recommend one.

How much did you get off sticker price before your trade in?
$9,951

$18,000 for your 07. That's outstanding! Sounds like you got a great deal and one you couldn't pass up. Congratulations on the new truck!
Thanks, and no I couldn't pass it up.

Congrats on the new rig any plans
Ha ha. Yeah, I need to lift it, or at the very least level it. After we test drove it my wife said it was short, and a lift was the only mod she was specifically requesting.
When spring rolls around I'm going to tint the windows too.

Nice truck. If u got it for around the price they have it listed for, i say u got a great deal. That dealer always seems to have better prices than most other chrysler dealers around ohio from what ivew seen. What kind of mod list u got planned for this one?
I agree, they're worth a drive to get a deal. Since I don't know if it's against the rules to post their names, I'll just say that I've also had luck with a dealership in Alliance too who list with a "no hassle price". Both are great, and worth driving to if you're in N.E.Ohio
And FWIW I got it for what they had it listed for, but that was taking the rebates in lieu of the 0% interest. The first day I went in they added $1K back onto the listed price (something about that discount being for lease, or lease buy out, or something like that). They also originally offered $15K for my '07, but worked up to $17 before I left. After taxes/fees it took the whole thing about $3K more than I wanted to finance.
When we went back the second day, so the owner could see my truck, he offered $18K for it. He also gave me the $1K back from whatever that lease thing was. They took off some of the fees (not sure if they just ate the cost, or if it was some were fees they have some control over), and they beat my 2.74% interest rate that I had through the Patrol's Credit Union and got me one for 2.5%. When it was all said and done I ended up financing around $21K for it (after taxes/fees, no money down just the trade).
As for plans. The biggest one is to hopefully pay it off in 2-2.5 years instead of the scheduled 5. Aside from that, right now just the tint, and level/lift previously mentioned. Who knows though I don't seem to leave anything stock to long.

Sweet! Dang, you got heated seats in yours?
Yeah they weren't standard, they're putting them in for me as part of the deal. When I first started talking prices I told them I wanted heated seats included too. They were $250 each, so it was a $500 option that doesn't show on the window sticker. Those are supposed to go in next week or something like that. He said something about waiting for the loan to process with Chrysler, or something. I don't know I just know he said he'd call in a week or less to set up the install date/time.

is your new one crew or quad and was the old one a quad?
New one is Quad, and old one was Quad.

#7 ·
$18,000 for your 07. That's outstanding! Sounds like you got a great deal and one you couldn't pass up. Congratulations on the new truck!

#8 ·
Congrats on the new rig any plans

#9 ·
Sweet truck! ... :) :tup:

#10 ·
Nice truck. If u got it for around the price they have it listed for, i say u got a great deal. That dealer always seems to have better prices than most other chrysler dealers around ohio from what ivew seen. What kind of mod list u got planned for this one?

#11 ·
Love it!

#12 ·
Very Nice Congrats

#14 ·
is your new one crew or quad and was the old one a quad?

#16 ·
Sweet truck! Congrats!

#18 ·
Thanks. When I was weighing the options deciding if I wanted to go look at a new truck, that was one of the things on the list for keeping the '07. Lift, rims/tires, and 1 year from paid off were the 3 big factors.

My wife had mentioned me selling the tires that came on this one, and putting Duratracs on it instead. If am able to sell them for a good price I just might do that. Although keeping the rims makes it a little harder, because I've got to make the sale prior to buying the new tires, or buy the new tires, and hope I can make the sale.

#19 ·
Looks good, Shots! And it already has Tow Hooks! :D

You sure that cap won't fit? It would go great with the silver color on your new one! ;)

#30 ·
Looks good, Shots! And it already has Tow Hooks! :D.....
ha ha. I actually thought of you when I was looking at the included features, and saw those.

Drop PCP a note via a PM and ask him if he has Mid-Size SUV that has one.....
Thanks for the info.

go talk to your salesman, they may let you get the stuff off it........ .......worst they can do is say no
That's exactly how I think too. It never hurts to ask.

#21 ·
Quad old and new has same size bed I believe so top and bed rug should swap right in

#22 ·
CRAP!!!!!

I knew they were the same length, but I didn't know that stuff would swap out. I've got a friend who switched from a 2nd gen to 3rd gen, and tried to swap his tonneau out, but couldn't because the bed was just slightly different. I just figured they'd do the same thing with these, so I let the BedRug go with the truck. The cap, on the other hand I still have. I just need to lift this thing up and make it more rugged before putting that on. I'm afraid it will look old manish with a cap at it's current height. However that is good info to have, because I've still got my Extang SolidFold tonneau that will be going on in the meantime.

#24 ·
Speaking of adding stuff. I was thinking about adding the Outdoorsman decal on the bed like the '11 had (they use a chrome one on the tailgate now). I looked online, but couldn't really find anything. Anyone know where I can get them for less than $42 each?

#25 ·
That looks alright. Does it have the rear defector to keep dirt and water off the rear glass of the cap?

:) :tup:

#28 ·
Drop PCP a note via a PM and ask him if he has Mid-Size SUV that has one. The width and lines should be about the same since everybody copies each other aero-packages. The ones from the Jeep GC or GM Trailblazer should work great. I put a factory one on my '99 GC and it made a big difference in the amount of dirt getting on the rear window, as well as, the dirt sucked inside while I was driving dirt roads.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.