DodgeTalk Forum banner

What hits & What fits / Tire Size Info

404K views 710 replies 360 participants last post by  NicKKielmaN 
#1 · (Edited)
Attention 3rd Gen Ram 4x4's!!!!

I would like to get a list started on some of the different lift kits and tire / wheel combo's that ya'll are running. I want this to become THE list for info on what fits and what hits on your truck.

We need to know EXACTLY what lift you're running. If you're running a 2" Top Gun Customz leveling kit, with a 3" Performance Accessories kit, tell us EXACTLY that. If you've done any tweaking or other mods to the lift, LET US KNOW.

We also need to know EXACTLY what tire brand (BFGoodrich, Nitto, etc), what style / name of tire (BFG A/T, Nitto Terra Grappler, etc), as well as the manufacturers advertised size (305/75R16, etc). Also include exactly what kinda of wheel you're running. Naturally, it's important to note if your truck is a 1500, 2500 or 3500.

For example:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2" Top Gun Customz coil spacer
3" Performance Accessories Body Lift.
37x12.50R17 Super Swamper Trxus M/T
15x10 Rock Crawler black steel wheels with 3.5" backspacing

PLEASE - do not turn this into a "signature page." We need to know suspension / tire / wheel info ONLY.

This is the important part!
IF you are making contact at anywhere at anytime with YOUR setup, we NEED to know! If you contact with your axles twisted, and only at full lock, tell us!!! If you're just barely contacting the lower control arms, or if you just touch the back of the fender, LET US KNOW!!! It is IMPERITIVE that you be honest with both yourself and us. As I mentioned earlier, I want this to be THE online resource for what hits and what fits! :gr_patrio

Be for warned - I know JACK about the 3rd Gen trucks, so ya'll are pretty much on your own. We will NOT tollerate any flamming on anyone's set up, or what they have to say. This should be a TEXT ONLY post on what YOUR set up is.

See less See more
#152 ·
35s on stock 1500 4x4 with cranked bars

So I cranked my torsion bars today and it lifted my stock 1500 4x4 at least 2 inches in the front. Right now I have BFG all-terrains at 285/75/17 and I was wondering with my bars cranked could I fit 35s?

#153 ·
As I said before, 35's will fit stock. So yes they'll fit with the torsion crank.

#154 ·
bob4x4 said:
This si what 37"Toyo MTs look like with a 3" Carli kit
Full rear droop...........

and stuffed

Bob

Bob do you think this Toyo 37" Mts would fit with Carlis front coils/bilstein on stock wheels and stock control arms?

I currently have 35" Toyos but will upgrade to taller/long travel coils in the future, just wondering it it would be enough to run 37" Toyo Mts...

#156 ·
I have been reading a lot of good info in the forums, but i have one question, it seems on the 06 1500 QC people are putting different wheels on when they level the truck. I want to put the Top Gunz leveling kit on my 06 and keep the stock 20" wheels, so i wondering if anyone has seen or done this and what size tires they put on there. thanks for input.

#157 ·
I've attached a couple pics of my BFGs. No rubbing.

Attachments

#158 ·
A couple more. You guys like my polished stainless 5" tip? It was $40 at summit. $20 to get it welded on.

Attachments

#159 ·
Got-A-Hemi said:
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4
2 Inch Revtech leveling kit
2 Inch blocks in the back
36-13.50-20 super swamper Irocs on stock wheels
minor cutting required on the aft part of the inner fender well, spaced front bumper out 1/2 inch, minor rubbing with articulation.

36" Iroks on an 07' with only a leveling kit!!!
:thatfunny

ANY PICS? If we can see some pics, I will apologize for the smiley...

#160 ·
Ok, newest in the 'What Fits'.

The above was from yesterday. Here is the breakdown...

2006 Ram 4x4 1500
Truxxx 2" Level Kit
17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II ( 4.5 Backspace -12mm offset)
35x12.50x17 Toyo MT

Result: No rubbing, no vibration, no issues at all. Below is close to 1.5" clearance on control arm.

#161 ·
Just in case it has not been covered. 325/60/18 will not fit a 2wd megacab 1500 with no lift. I tried today. Just sitting on the ground and turing that hit on the front wheel well piece.

#162 ·
I have a 2005 Hemi 4x4, single cab. I modded my engine for speed, but now i want to put some 35's on either the stock 20's, or sell the 20's and get some 315/70/17 on some 17" rims.

I want to take off the 2/4 drop, and crank up my t-bars if i need to? any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

#163 ·
kmu said:
Bob do you think this Toyo 37" Mts would fit with Carlis front coils/bilstein on stock wheels and stock control arms?

I currently have 35" Toyos but will upgrade to taller/long travel coils in the future, just wondering it it would be enough to run 37" Toyo Mts...
Bob are you still out there?

THX

#165 ·
35's on a 07 1500

Got my new wheels in today and could'nt wait for my leveling kit to get in so I put them on. I've seen a few post that said "minor" rubbing on 35's with no lift/level ... well. here is a pic of what minor rubbing looks like at full lock. It seem'd the lug's on the toyo's would rip out the wheel well liner so i took a dermal and removed some of the liner. Took out more than I really prob. needed to but I got my wheels on .. love'n it.

Attachments

#167 ·
#168 ·
question i have a 2006 1500 qc 4x4 in a few weeks i'll be buying some new tires and rims. i'm going to start with a leveling kit and a 3 inch body kit the question is will 36x13.5 r20's fit without rubbing i'm new to this so any help would be great or what would be the biggest i could go thanks for all help

GO DODGE

#169 ·
I have read through most of this. I have a 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4 quad cab longbed, and am thinking of going with 315/70/17 tires but am concerned they will hit/rub. I don't go offroading and mudding is not a concern, would just like a better look and a little more traction when I drop my quads off on the fire roads. I do not plan to do any suspension mods, want to keep it stock, so am I better off getting 285/70/17 tires? Truck looks kinda funny with the stock 265/70/17 blackwalls on it. Snow performance is important, too because I plow with this truck and tow a snowmobile trailer.

#170 ·
2004 Hemi 4x4 2500 Quad Cab Laramie.

When I first started thinking about adding larger tires DodgeTalk :help: was the first place I started and the info I got was "there would be no problems with rubbing if I added 35 x 12.50s". Well that was wrong.

I started with a 2" leveling spacer and 35 x 12.50 x 17 Toyo Open Country MTs on the stock chrome clad rims. They rubbed the trailing arm pretty significantly on both sides. Then I added the black Ultra Goliath 17" Wheel, and if i remember corectly it has a 22 offset. Then I was golden!! :rck: No rubbing what so ever, even off road with wheels turned completely in both directions. The only problem I had then was there was a pull on the steering wheel to the right that couldnt be corrected by simply getting an alignment. I had to have an offset ball joint added and then the truck drove like new.

#172 ·
2.5 inch leveling kit by Readylift
305/55/20 Nitto terra Grapplers on stock 20" wheels DOES NOT WORK!!!
It rubs mildly on the upper control arm under all driving conditions.
The offset on the stock 20" wheels put the rubber on the arm.
I'm forced to go back to 275/60/20 in the Nitto until I can afford some better wheels.
I hope this helps someone!

#173 · (Edited)
monster2006hemi said:
question i have a 2006 1500 qc 4x4 in a few weeks i'll be buying some new tires and rims. i'm going to start with a leveling kit and a 3 inch body kit the question is will 36x13.5 r20's fit without rubbing i'm new to this so any help would be great or what would be the biggest i could go thanks for all help

GO DODGE
Will not work... they would be way too wide. The widest you could run would be 12". My 12.5" Grapplers rubbed. I don't see a problem with the 36" height with a 3" lift. I'm also assuming your running the stock 20's.

#175 ·
Oky777 said:
Nitto Terra Grapplers
305/55R20
Not leveled
Does the 04's have more offset clearance than the 07's? I just can't see how that setup you have doesn't rub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.