DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket Fuel Pump???? HELP NEEDED

12K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  dmcelhannon 
#1 ·
I've ben looking for an aftermarket fuel pump but cant seem to find much, or any for my truck.

I need on for a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7, if anyone has any info or knows of any compant who makes the, please let me know.

I'm looking for a larger more powerful fuel pump to run my Eaton M112 that i am putting on my truck,

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363824

#2 ·
you could ditch the in tank pump and go frame mounted. then pick the fuel pump of your choice.

#3 ·
What is your stock fuel pressure? One of the 2003 hemi upgrades is to use either an 04/05 pump or scavenge the regulator out of one. The 04+ run 10psi higher than the 03's (48 vs 58 IIRC). Might help unless you need pressure beyond that, then the above suggestion may be the way to go.

#4 ·
Thx! i'll look into the hemi pump, if not i'll have to mount it on the frame.

#5 · (Edited)
I have a HEMI pump in storage... Ill grab that in the morning... But we are not even sure it would be enough...

Your Should be making around 400RWHP at 10psi... Not sure if the HEMI pump is up to that.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

#7 ·
I have a HEMI pump in storage... Ill grab that in the morning... But we are not even sure it would be enough...

Your Should be making around 400RWHP at 10psi... Not sure if the HEMI pump is up to that.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I was running 9psi on my stock 5.7 with a stock '04 Hemi pump and it wasn't leaning out. After a built engine I upgraded my fuel system.

#6 ·
I read where a SRT10 pump might work. Uses a 255 Walbro.

#10 · (Edited)
As long as the tanks are the same which i think they are, you probably could use an srt 10 pump. It would be direct swap, sending unit and all, and should support over a good bit over 500 horsepower. They only thing that may need changed would be the pigtail to the pump. Heres the flow from the 4.7 pump to the srt pump. Ill add the 5.7 aswell. All are for 26 gallon tank which u should have being rcsb.

Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph):
Maximum Pressure Range (psi):
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph):
Minimum Pressure Range (psi):

Srt 10

#11 ·
I heard that the srt 10 pump is different from the 4.7 or hemi. I'm going to look further into it though. I actually thought about doing an entire fuel tank swap with the srt 10 tank, fuel pump and all, I just don't know if the connections would be the same.

#12 ·
Have you thought about a fuel cell?

#13 ·
I have, but I'm trying to keep this fuel pump thing as low $ as possible without sacrificing quality. I'm hopping the hemi pump will work since I have a 4.7 and add boost a pump if I need to.

#14 ·
Yea, it would put a bent in the bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.