DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tranny problem, wont shift past second

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  machman 
#1 ·
of course the search here sucks soooo. 06 with ats stage 6 tranny wont shift past 2nd and no more than around 20mph. the stock cluster is saying trans temp to high but the tranny will be completely cold. the smarty shows no codes, reset it back to stock. ive got no idea what the problem is!

as thee manual says when you get the trans temp light let it idle and itll go away and sure enough it does. this all happened with normal driving and no load. all fluids are fine.

<---- stumped!

#2 ·
ok, so after 3 hours of searching google and a few other dodge forums it seems as though the gov. sol. or the temp/pressure sensor may be bad but they recommend changing both at the same time.

can anybody back this up?

#3 ·
I just had the same problem. It was the governor pressure transducer and governor solenoid. It was a long ride home at 20 mph. Note... I did not have the temp light come on and there were no codes.

#5 ·
Is your transmission still under warranty?

#6 ·
its an ATS and it is more than likely out of warranty but even if not those guys are complete a55holes when it comes to customer service. id rather just buy the parts and fix it myself but i would rather not buy from the dealership if i can help it.

#7 ·
I found them online, but I dropped it off at a local tranny shop. It was not a cheap fix. $800+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.