DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

clunking noise from drivers side front wheel

22K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  TrojanHorse 
#1 ·
I've got a clunking/creaking noise coming from somewhere around my front drivers side. I only hear it when im going over speed bumps, anyone got an idea what it might be? thanks fellas

#4 ·
What they said and if you don't........be prepared to have a wheel fall off.
See my video here.
Skip to 3:35 to see my tie rod end. I was soooo lucky I didn't have a major problem driving down the road. I honestly think someone was looking after me driving around with this. Plus......it only sounded like a smal clunk evey now and then.
Al.
P.S.......I know I speak kinda strange.....In my defense.........I am English lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hor2hYxXvNk

#6 ·
I will tell you with about 100% positive assurance it is the sway bar link bolts

I had the same problem and replaced them (problem solved) you can check them by laying flat on your back under the truck and with both hands push straight up on the swaybar ( like a bench press) and you can see and feel the play in the bottom of the sway link joint. ( easy fix they take about 10 minutes per side to change.

#7 ·
Mike just started clunking as well the other day... Ill give the sway bar a try before i mess with the tie rods. I'm gonna check my lug nuts as well, i've had the wheels off a lot lately so one may be kinda loose. Also I need my tires balanced, truck shakes like crazy at 60

#8 ·
Sounds to me like ball joints. I've had the wheel shimmy at highway and cruising speeds, and once I get to highway speeds I get a bit of noise out of the tires due to uneven wear. Occasionally when I run over a bump while turning I here a pinched clunk sound. Had a dealer check it out a few weeks ago when it was in for some fluid changes and they told me my lower ball joint's gone. Ordered a bunch of Moog stuff from Summit that should be here next week to refresh the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.