Disc brake conversion [Archive] - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

: Disc brake conversion

timrooney
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I have a 56 C3B and have been shopping for a good conversion.
The question I need answered is the C3B front axel the same as the b series . on e bay SCAREBIRD has a kit for the 53-56 for the b series.
any help would be great

adambomb37
05-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Just bought a '54 C1 C6. This is the only one I have found. Will save me alot of work trying to make the brackets and do the research for the right parts.

Google rustyhope Mopar brakes

timrooney
05-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Adam thanks for the info. I had found the site for these guys at rusty hope. And have priced out what they are offering and found that they dont seem to like dealing w Canadians. they charge extra money for same services for americans. as well as the fact that the brake parts they use on the brakes I found to be inferior parts.
I personally have decided to drop the front I beam for an IFS kit, after totalling the cost for all the parts for the I beam,ie bearings,suspension, steering,and brake parts ect.
and the cost of the IFS I belive this is the better way to go.
the over all drivability will be ten times better.
I am currently looking for a front passenger side fender for mine if you have any leads. pass them my way
good luck w your truck

thanks Tim:rck: